[Bug] TV: missing audio stream in records (Sky) (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    TS Packet Checker gave me the following Information.
    Hmmm, interesting.

The 4 CC (continuity counter) errors are not logged in the TsWriter log... which is quite strange.

It is possible (though I think not so likely) that the PTS holes are related to those continuity counter errors.

IMO the most likely situation is that the broadcaster PTS had some large jumps, and VideoRedo has not handled those jumps correctly.

Did you do a quick resync before editing? That might help.

If you want to investigate further you'll need a more advanced tool that can show you exactly when the continuity counter errors and PTS holes are so you can compare to the glitches that you notice.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Could the DD guys take a second look at that issue?
    I just patched my TVLibrary again after updating from 1.6 to 1.7.1.
    Seems to be working just fine.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not sure if the following helps diagnose the problem further but I get the following in TSDoctor when opening a TS that was recorded with the patched TVLibrary:
    upload_2014-4-30_17-15-1.png

Then TSDoctor shows this:
    upload_2014-4-30_17-18-11.png

Both Audio and Video seems fine throughout the movie.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Could the DD guys take a second look at that issue?
    Exactly what do you want them to look at?

Not sure if the following helps diagnose the problem further but I get the following in TSDoctor when opening a TS that was recorded with the patched TVLibrary:
    What is the problem?
    The TS Doctor diagnosis is probably incorrect. If an audio stream is added after the start of the recording then TV Server will update the PMT... but not at the start of the recording. If TS Doctor was expecting the PMT at the start of the recording to include the extra audio track then that would be unrealistic.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Exactly what do you want them to look at?
    You tell me, you are the expert here. Looking back in that thread I thought we were hoping for someone at DD to take a second look at it. Maybe I just missed something.
    It would be nice for this issue to get fixed at some point so that people don't have to patch after each MP update.

What is the problem?
    The TS Doctor diagnosis is probably incorrect. If an audio stream is added after the start of the recording then TV Server will update the PMT... but not at the start of the recording. If TS Doctor was expecting the PMT at the start of the recording to include the extra audio track then that would be unrealistic.
    Fair enough, as I said Audio and Video works so if your are happy with it I'm happy with it too :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Patched TVLibrary seems to be working with 1.8 too. Still no chance to get that fixed on master?

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are in code freeze so I guess the answer is no :)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dude, I wish I could tell my customers the same. "Sorry Sir, I won't fix it cause it's a hack."
    There is always a proper fix :)

LATER:
    Don't get me wrong here: I'm very happy to have a patch for it and I'm always most impressed by the amazing work @mm1352000 is putting in this project.

Now having said that this one bug is probably impacting quite a few people. All Sky Germany customer using that DD hardware.

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I first mixed this thread with the tbs thread up, that's why I edited it ;)
    The dd patch has other bad side effects if you go throigh this thread. This is the reason that it doesn't get included :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom