[no Bug] TV not starting in debug mode (1 Viewer)

Portal Pro
January 11, 2005
Just tried starting tv when in debug mode and it will not start, Works as expected on a normal start.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I don't see anything in these logs to indicate that you tried starting TV. It looks as though you tried to play a video (28 Days Later.avi) a couple of times, but no errors.

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    I tried the video because I was having a problem with volume in tv (see my other post) and wanted to check if it was ok when playing a film, I'll run debug again and only try to start tv...

Portal Pro
    January 11, 2005
    O.K I've started MP in debug mode, When trying to select tv from basichome all icons fade away and return in around .5s (same effect as trying to select a plugin that's not installed). Hit tv 5 times to be sure and got the same result every time, No big deal because it wont affect day-to-day running but I thought I would report it anyway. As always tv started immediately after a normal start.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You appear to only have the 4TR TV plugin.
    Code:
        <entry name="ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.TvHome">yes</entry>
        <entry name="ForTheRecord.UI.MediaPortal.RadioHome">yes</entry>
    When launching in debug mode via the start menu then all third party plugins will get disabled.

It appears look at this that the TV plugin is not actually installed (or the 4TR install has made it look like it does not appear)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I did it this way so I didn't have to edit the channel names every time tested a new TV-server install. Anyway, it works. I don't know if this would get you past the BDA driver issue. I'll provide more...
    I've setup my HDHomeRun in MP1 as (4) IPTV cards rather than Atsc. I can see the (4) Atsc cards, but just have them disabled. I...
    I am brand new to MediaPortal. I have installed MP 2.4.1 on Windows 10. It is a fresh install and fully up to date. I have an...
    Replies
    Views
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live stream from server to MP. If anyone has a similar problem - disable all old plugins and then enable one after another :-)
    It's working after some hours search: the Auto3D plugin which I haven't used for years was corrupting the start of the TV live...
    After using MP for more than 10 years with regularly updates - this is the first time that after an update MP is not working...
    Replies
    Views
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again (if you need it).
    Check this web page for the informations about he plugin. To fix the issue, I recommend to uninstal and install the plugin again...
    I've just installed MP 1.31 with Streamed skin, IMDB+ plugin, Moving Pictures and MP-TV Series. First time starting up MP to...
    Replies
    Views
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the tv server startup being erratic. Approx 50% of the time on PC reboot from scratch the tv server process was showing "starting" but would never start and consequently neither would MP or MP Server Config...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Just did an update of my system from Win 7 / MP 1.25 to Win 10 / MP 1.31 on a single seat system and came across a problem with the...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter to the profile. I'll try to add this option in the next version. PS: please use official thread
    Well, currently the plugin shows the sun/moon times in user's local time. As you said, It would require to add time zone parameter...
    I have the current (1.0.2.0 level) World Weather Lite plugins installed on x86 and x64 different MP1 copies. When Location is...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom