TV Resolutions... (1 Viewer)

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
October 14, 2005
Do CRT TVs have a native res ???

i have a 24" widescreen Samsung CRT TV, and want to use this with MP... does it matter what res i use ??? so long as its a 16:9 ratio

any ideas ?

PAL region (uk)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yes, TVs have a native resolution. The closer you set your resolution to the native one, the better your picture will be. It also depends on your connection between PC and TV. What do you use? For example does S-Video automatically output PAL. It just scales the input resolution e.g. 1024x768 down to PAL, which often results in a bad picture. ;)

PAL: 720x576 (sometimes 768x576)

Widescreen:
    PAL: 1024*576
    NTSC: 848x480

Some TVs only accept NTSC widescreen, so you should better stick with normal PAL.

More information can be found at the PowerStrip forums. Perhaps you can find your TV listed there.
    http://www.entechtaiwan.net/forums/index.php

MP can use all resolutions. You just have to adjust the AR in MP->Settings->GUI. The screen with those arrows and the square.
    There are also quite some widescreen skins out there.

HTH, Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was just that the server needed a restart (even though there was no indication in Windows) - as soon as I started both clients (one reparied as above, one not) both started working right away. (I would have...
    Hi Ge2301 Thanks for the help I tried the suggestion but it didnt help - however the issue is sorted now. - it seems that it was...
    Hi, I have a server/client PC (MP2.4) that seems still to be still working fine, but 2 other clients have suddenly stopped playing...
    Replies
    Views
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5113
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-5113
    I am trying to configure the TV Server for the first time, without success. It picks up the dual DVB-T tuners but when I try to...
    Replies
    Views
    MP2 is based on Windows as OS for server and client, accordingly not ment for phones. There are 3rd party apps, that can conntect to a MP2-server, but they are not free of charge and no help is provided by us. Please check our WIKI for details first. It works well with mouse, keyboard, remote and touch display. In case you have...
    MP2 is based on Windows as OS for server and client, accordingly not ment for phones. There are 3rd party apps, that can conntect...
    I run a windows 10 PC and its connected to my tv in the living room. I then stream to devices around the house from the PC. I use...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config Opened the file and it was full of NULLs. Not good for an XML file. I found an old thread (gentle.config) which had some 11-years-old XML. On the off-chance that this could fix my problem, I cut-and-pasted it into...
    OK, so I took a deep dive in the logs myself (gotta start to learn sometime) and noticed an error about Gentle.config Opened the...
    It never rains but it pours. All of a sudden MP1 refuses to connect to the TV service (which is on the same PC) and comes up with...
    Replies
    Views
    You need to tell MP2, how to handle aspect ratios, that do not fit to the current screen resolution. Please go to Video Player Settings. I think you need "Intelligent Zoom" or "Pan&Scan". But remember, in this case you loose video information on top and bottom. I would prefer black bars. You could also select "Stretch", if you want to...
    You need to tell MP2, how to handle aspect ratios, that do not fit to the current screen resolution. Please go to Video Player...
    Hi Forumers, I've been happily running MP1 for quite a while and decided to give MP2 a try again. I've successfully installed MP2...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom