TV Resolutions... (1 Viewer)

jellybeard999

Portal Pro
October 14, 2005
Do CRT TVs have a native res ???

i have a 24" widescreen Samsung CRT TV, and want to use this with MP... does it matter what res i use ??? so long as its a 16:9 ratio

any ideas ?

PAL region (uk)

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

yes, TVs have a native resolution. The closer you set your resolution to the native one, the better your picture will be. It also depends on your connection between PC and TV. What do you use? For example does S-Video automatically output PAL. It just scales the input resolution e.g. 1024x768 down to PAL, which often results in a bad picture. ;)

PAL: 720x576 (sometimes 768x576)

Widescreen:
    PAL: 1024*576
    NTSC: 848x480

Some TVs only accept NTSC widescreen, so you should better stick with normal PAL.

More information can be found at the PowerStrip forums. Perhaps you can find your TV listed there.
    http://www.entechtaiwan.net/forums/index.php

MP can use all resolutions. You just have to adjust the AR in MP->Settings->GUI. The screen with those arrows and the square.
    There are also quite some widescreen skins out there.

HTH, Flip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
    My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
    Replies
    Views
    That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black bars to MediaPortal when playing videos that didn't conform to a strict 16:9 ratio, I suppose. Thanks to everyone for the patience and help, I can finally enjoy videos fully.
    That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black...
    I'm running MePo in 1080p to my 4K TV (because my Intel NUC HTPC ain't powerful enough to run in 4K) and for some videos, I see...
    Replies
    Views
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    And if you use the comskip plugin, the file is locked during the process of comm removal. ;)
    I'm about to do a Win 7 to Win 10 upgrade on a disk that has 2 partitions. The second partition holds all the recorded tv files so...
    Replies
    Views
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    @doskabouter That fixed it, thanks!
    I just upgraded to 1.32 and now, when I start TV-Service Config, I get this error: [2024-01-31 09:33:13,138] [Log ] [SetupTv...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom