[no Bug] TV scheduled recording does not stop in some cases (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Can you reproduce this more or less every time? If so, it might be worth trying to add some logging to MP to give more information about what is going on.

It would be good to know if we are checking whether it is time to stop recording and the check fails, or whether we do not check at all.

I cant reproduce it every time, I would say I can reproduce it if I set up more scheduled TV recording (more than 2-3 tv epiozodes).
    I can confirm recorded TV epiozodes, which finish (so these "good one") contain wrong time information (start and stop time is the same).

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    i think I have the have problem as mentioned by mm1352000 (unfortunatelly).

I think it happen when more tv records are in the plan and I think it happens not every time, but I would say every time when the recording plan is longer - let say over the night (more than 4-6 hours).

Is the same issue also in MP2 under Win8+?

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

I think it happen when more tv records are in the plan and I think it happens not every time, but I would say every time when the recording plan is longer - let say over the night (more than 4-6 hours).

Well, if you are able to schedule a series recording for something that is on every day at a certain time, and then cause the problem by adding more schedules close in time, that would be useful.

How many tuners do you have?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country

Well, if you are able to schedule a series recording for something that is on every day at a certain time, and then cause the problem by adding more schedules close in time, that would be useful.

How many tuners do you have?

I dont record usually tv epiozodes, I am recording most of the time tv films and documents as I dont watch life tv so much.
    Anyway I think the problem appears when I record more tv films/documents from one or more channels in certain time period. I have not tested if this issue happens to free to air channels or to all.
    I have 4 tv tunners set up as dbv-c, one of them is set up for free to air and shiffered tv channels, the others only for free to air channels. As I mentioned, epg grabbing does not have impact on the issue, it happens with or without epg grabbing.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I would be happy to test some specific scenario,if you have some idea,just let me know.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Today I tested case with free to air channels only and I can confrim it happen in this case as well (even I uploaded latest win8 patches from this week).

Today test case was about:
    • TV recording of all programs on channel 1 between 9am to 5pm
    • TV recording of all programs on channel 2 between 9am to 5pm
    • TV recording of all programs on channel 3 between 9am to 5pm
    I dont have a proof, but I have doubts it is related to the case when it should record more successive TV programs & the start of the second programs on 2 or more TV channels are in same time.

In my case it did not stop tv recording on all 3 channels.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Today I tested case with free to air channels only and I can confrim it happen in this case as well (even I uploaded latest win8 patches from this week).

Today test case was about:
    • TV recording of all programs on channel 1 between 9am to 5pm
    • TV recording of all programs on channel 2 between 9am to 5pm
    • TV recording of all programs on channel 3 between 9am to 5pm
    I dont have a proof, but I have doubts it is related to the case when it should record more successive TV programs & the start of the second programs on 2 or more TV channels are in same time.

In my case it did not stop tv recording on all 3 channels.

Do you mean you set a single recording in each case to cover the time period, or you set separate recordings in the EPG for each individual program?

Perhaps you can set the same schedules for tomorrow, then zip and upload your TV database. Maybe we will find that the schedule is set incorrectly?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Do you mean you set a single recording in each case to cover the time period, or you set separate recordings in the EPG for each individual program?
    I set up on each TV channel separated recording in the EPG for each individual program - but it covered whole time period from 9am to 5pm on each tv channel.

Perhaps you can set the same schedules for tomorrow, then zip and upload your TV database. Maybe we will find that the schedule is set incorrectly?
    I dont understand what you mean - can you be more specific please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom