[no Bug] TV scheduled recording does not stop in some cases (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Do you mean you set a single recording in each case to cover the time period, or you set separate recordings in the EPG for each individual program?
    I set up on each TV channel separated recording in the EPG for each individual program - but it covered whole time period from 9am to 5pm on each tv channel.

What if you just set three simultaneous recordings? Does it happen then? Do the end times for the three recordings all need to be the same? Does only the final recording on each channel carry on, or does it happen with the others? What is your pre/post record time (and does this work okay)?

Perhaps you can set the same schedules for tomorrow, then zip and upload your TV database. Maybe we will find that the schedule is set incorrectly?
    I dont understand what you mean - can you be more specific please?

The TV database is a file. Where it is stored will depend on which SQL engine you use. I will find the path later, if you can't find it for yourself.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    What if you just set three simultaneous recordings?
    This is exactly, what I do - 3 simultaneous recording (in last case all 3 in one multiplex, no idea if I spent 1 or 3 tv cards from total number of 4)

Does it happen then?
    Yes

Do the end times for the three recordings all need to be the same?
    I dont think end time has to be same - was not in my case

Does only the final recording on each channel carry on, or does it happen with the others?
    In my last test it finishs some recording between 9am and 5pm on all 3 channels, but only first program on each channel did not stop recording (few days agoI got different results)

What is your pre/post record time (and does this work okay)?
    For this testing I am using 0 values for both parameters (to not be confused during the testing).

The TV database is a file. Where it is stored will depend on which SQL engine you use. I will find the path later, if you can't find it for yourself.
    I have MySQL 5.6. and MP1.8.100

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I uploaded Win 7 x64 image in the HTPC with MP 1.8.100 in order to tested this issue on Win 7. I can confirm that this issue does not exist on Win 7 (on same HW, with same devices drivers). This issue happen on Win 8.1 only in my case.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I uploaded Win 7 x64 image in the HTPC with MP 1.8.100 in order to tested this issue on Win 7. I can confirm that this issue does not exist on Win 7 (on same HW, with same devices drivers). This issue happen on Win 8.1 only in my case.
    So, this confirms my suspicion about the cause. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to investigate this further. If I was to try and investigate this I would want to start by being able to connect to a debug version of the TV service running in W8.1 with Visual Studio...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So, this confirms my suspicion about the cause. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to investigate this further. If I was to try and investigate this I would want to start by being able to connect to a debug version of the TV service running in W8.1 with Visual Studio...

Can this be done remotely?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I will try to test Win 8.1 again and to upload TV database, if it helps - let me know please.

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    OK, no problem:) Do you know already which SW in Win8+ has impact on this bug - is it .NET4, MediaPortal or database?

I just can say it should not be related to the device driver SW from my testing.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Do you know already which SW in Win8+ has impact on this bug - is it .NET4, MediaPortal or database?
    No, I don't have any idea what the cause is. It is a really strange problem that causes the TV Server scheduler thread (which is responsible for starting and stopping recordings) to get deadlocked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom