TV Server 1.0.1. 'No TV Cards detected' (1 Viewer)

riadmelb

Portal Pro
July 9, 2006
Melbourne
Home Country
Hi Roy, Thank you very much.

I can confirm this patch fixed it. Thanks to all who contrubuted.

x4mer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    upgrade not working for me, synopsys:
    1. full uninstall 1.0.1
    2. install 1.0
    3. install 1.0.1
    4. 'upgrade option is grayed out, can only choose 'clean install'
    5. full uninstall
    6. cleaned registy from MediaPortal entries,
    7. install 1.0
    8. install 1.0.1 -> same message

what setting / file does the installer check to see if I have svn installed?

If the 1.0.1 installer keeps insisting that a clean 1.0 install is not a clean install, then there must be something on your system that's not getting cleaned up properly. Maybe this is what's leading to the other problems you're having with TV/radio 'memory leak'. If so, it's unlikely anyone will be able to replicate your problem.

I suggest you try and track down what's preventing the upgrade option, and maybe you'll solve the other problem too.

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi X4mer,

thank for your reply, hence my last question: where to look for remainings of previous installs?

regards,
    Ruud.

upgrade not working for me, synopsys:
    1. full uninstall 1.0.1
    2. install 1.0
    3. install 1.0.1
    4. 'upgrade option is grayed out, can only choose 'clean install'
    5. full uninstall
    6. cleaned registy from MediaPortal entries,
    7. install 1.0
    8. install 1.0.1 -> same message

what setting / file does the installer check to see if I have svn installed?

If the 1.0.1 installer keeps insisting that a clean 1.0 install is not a clean install, then there must be something on your system that's not getting cleaned up properly. Maybe this is what's leading to the other problems you're having with TV/radio 'memory leak'. If so, it's unlikely anyone will be able to replicate your problem.

I suggest you try and track down what's preventing the upgrade option, and maybe you'll solve the other problem too.

maybeme

Portal Member
    December 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    The fix works for me!

I think there should be a 1.0.1b release, because multiple analog TV cards aren't rare...

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi X4mer,

I correct myself: memory leak is on client computer, not on server where I have upgrade greyed out.

regards,
    Ruud.

Hi X4mer,

thank for your reply, hence my last question: where to look for remainings of previous installs?

regards,
    Ruud.

pigboy306

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The fix works for me!

I think there should be a 1.0.1b release, because multiple analogue TV cards aren't rare...

I think that would be a good idea. I upgraded and first off worked fine, i changed from HD to SD channel and MP froze the PC I reset the PC and the tuners had gone. I tried this fix and it worked...

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hey is this fix in the public SVN? I always like to compile my tv server from source as I have a couple of little hacks.

I've noticed that the public SVN seems to be updated in big blocks; almost like there is another SVN that the devs are committing to? Makes us wanabe-devs and bug fixers feel a bit left out:(

randomlogin

Portal Member
    April 8, 2009
    :D

Originally upgraded from 1.0.0 install and worked fine. But I decided to do do a fresh OS install
    (after lots of messing/installing/uninstalling lots of junk in an attempt to get various things working).
    I was pretty happy as the 1.0.1 install went down without a hitch, that is until I started tvserver
    config. I messed around with it for a bit, and finally googled the error(duh, sue me I like to tinker a
    bit on my own heheh) and found the fix Worked like a charm! My MP is currently scanning through
    chans on my cards! whoot

Thanks to all (that fixed it and to all dev in general) for the outstanding work on a great product!
    (Ive tried about all of the others and none come close! I have been using MP for years but only recently
    bought my tuner card, dunno why I waited so long!)

Just a 'Random' thought

Nitsud984

April 25, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I appear to be having the same issue discussed in this thread, with neither of my tuners showing up in the Tv Server list in the configuration. However when I go to delete the configuration_tuner files for the fix, I don't have an AnalogCard folder in the ProgramData folder. I'm fairly new to MediaPortal so it's very possible I'm missing something obvious, but I still haven't figured out what it is. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

randomlogin

Portal Member
    April 8, 2009
    Hey welcome to MP!

Well, I guess the first thing I would ask is if you can can use the app that came with your card to watch tv?
    That will at least tell us that the card is seen by windows and is configured correctly (BTW what card are you
    using?). If it is not working with the card's app try looking for a driver update at the manufacturer's website
    to see if that helps.

Next make sure you are looking in the right place. You didn't mention if you are running XP or vista. On winXP
    it should be:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\AnalogCard
    for vista it should be something like:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\AnalogCard

Thats where I would start(with the information given). Hopefully that wilat least get you moving in the right
    direction. Reply to the thread if you have any other information about the problem or if either of the above
    uncover anything for you.

Just a 'Random' thought

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom