TV Server and Windows 8 (1 Viewer)

numa001

March 4, 2012
Home Country
France France
I was just installing MediaPortal TV Server 1.2.2 in Windows 8 and here is the message I have when I want to launch the service :

Any ideas ?

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I hate to hijack/bump this thread. Bump the service won't even start for me :( Though I do realize this is a beta OS etc but is there anything we can do?

valtam

Portal Pro
March 27, 2010
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I doubt Windows 8 is even supported by the MP team. Good luck with that. Maybe you could try a Win7 compat. mode.

xGDI

Portal Member
March 13, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
The problem is a OS versification in Mediaportal Server that prevents the TVService from starting. I've patched the TvControl.dll so the service can start under Windows 8 and also Windows 8 Server. Just extract the TvControl.dll to "MediaPortal TV Server" folder.

Attachments

• TvControl.rar
    16.1 KB

psykix

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 10, 2009
    Wirral
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The problem is a OS versification in Mediaportal Server that prevents the TVService from starting. I've patched the TvControl.dll so the service can start under Windows 8 and also Windows 8 Server. Just extract the TvControl.dll to "MediaPortal TV Server" folder.

Does this allow a full working 1.2.2 Mediaportal single seat under Windows 8?

fat-tony

March 22, 2012
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thanks - sorted out a new install of the TV server for me on Win 8:)

heuristik

April 14, 2012
    Gilbert, Arizona
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have to say, after "refreshing" the os 3 times, thinking I must have screwed up somewhere, I was just about to give up on the whole HTPC on Win8 idea.....

And then I find this post. Part of me wants to say congratulations and thanks, the other is cursing your ingenuity and its ill-effects on my spare time. ;)

xGDI

Portal Member
    March 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Here is the new TvControl.dll for Version 1.2.3.

Attachments

• TvControl.zip
      17.7 KB

xGDI

Portal Member
    March 13, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have to say, after "refreshing" the os 3 times, thinking I must have screwed up somewhere, I was just about to give up on the whole HTPC on Win8 idea.....

And then I find this post. Part of me wants to say congratulations and thanks, the other is cursing your ingenuity and its ill-effects on my spare time. ;)

Sorry :) hopefully I didn't waste too much of your time. I have all my HTPCs running on Win8 and it's working great.

Users who are viewing this thread