TV Server Client Plugin Download (1 Viewer)

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Can the client plugin be separately downloaded and installed manually without using the DeployTool?

CairnsFella

Portal Pro
    July 24, 2008
    Home Country
    Sorry to repeat the question.

Hi there.

I recently mucked up my installation. I needed to reinstall MySQL and the TV-server, but I couldnt remember how I originally linked Mediaportal to the TV-Server (Although I have not changed the main Mediaportal installation itself, it has reverted to a standalone operation with all the standard TV options instead of the client info it showed before).

Anyway, I think this is what I also need, but (forgive my ignorance) I was not too clear on this response.. could anyone clarify for a slow learner such as myself :confused:

Many thanks

alank

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2006
    NJ
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My original problem was with the DeployTool itself but I got around that by doing a complete uninstall of MP and reinstall rather than upgrade. But I was still interested in being able to download the components. You can choose a download only option during the install. However, after running this, I found it downloaded all components except the TV-Plugin.

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      63.4 KB
    • download2.jpg
      download2.jpg
      74.4 KB
    • filelist.jpg
      filelist.jpg
      31.3 KB

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Run the full installer again, just hit yes yes yes, if TVClient plugin is missing, it will just install that, nothing else.

Multiseat, you need to do a custom install, this still gives the option to in tv client plugin seperately.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of things; the deployment tool for 1.32 doesn't remove the previous version when you're updating from 1.31 to 1.32 and "MediaPortal TV Server" gets installed even when you choose to install the client only. I...
    That fixed the problem. I just manually installed VC_redist.x64.exe and reinstalled 1.32 64-bit. Thanks for that. A couple of...
    I have performed client installations of 1.32 64-Bit on four machines using the central configuration setup on Windows 10 Pro...
    Replies
    Views
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    Nice you could resolve the issue!
    I have MediaPortal 2.5 Server installed on one computer and Mediaportal 2.5 client on another. The client is connected to the...
    Replies
    Views
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in MP 1.32 particularly the x64 version and has been very thoroughly tested in a variety of scenarios, none the less it is important to bear in mind that since MP 1.33 x64 now includes an x64 version of the...
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in...
    I'm surprised. MediaPortal has always been easy to move forward with. Each release building on the last, until x64 that is. Ran...
    Replies
    Views
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    Isn't this normal? I mean perhaps you should first do some config before you can start using mediaportal?
    I recently move to Los Angeles, California and downloaded & installed Media Portal 1.32 pre Release, to find out the programs media...
    Replies
    Views
    ??? :confused: Please, try with latest MP 1.33, not 1.30 and, all in debug logs to provide...
    ??? :confused: Please, try with latest MP 1.33, not 1.30 and, all in debug logs to provide...
    Hi Running MP1 - 1.39 for long while, no issues. 10th April [same time as 2024-KB5037036 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom