1.25.0 Tv Server Configuration Italian Dvb-t2 test channel preview error (1 Viewer)

Mediavoice

July 22, 2020
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi, I have a problem whit new Italian dvb-t2 test channel named "Test Hevc main 10".

If i start the channel preview, an error "NoVideoAudioDetected" appears.
In the log file I read the following error:

WaitForFile - no audio was found after 15,0036264 seconds

Is this because the channel only has a fixed screen with no audio? Or is it an audio codec problem?

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have a problem whit new Italian dvb-t2 test channel named "Test Hevc main 10". If i start the channel preview, an error "NoVideoAudioDetected" appears.
    I don't know what the problem is, but two possibilities occur to me:

(1) You are using a DVB-T2 tuner that does not recognise HEVC encoding. As I understand it, HEVC was introduced after the DVB-T2 standard, and so support for DVB-T2 does not imply support for HEVC. Check your tuner details to see if it supports HEVC.

(2) Your tuner does support HEVC, but you need a HEVC codec in order to be able to view video. See this page for one way of (maybe) getting a HEVC codec.

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

Mediavoice

July 22, 2020
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I don't know what the problem is, but two possibilities occur to me:

(1) You are using a DVB-T2 tuner that does not recognise HEVC encoding. As I understand it, HEVC was introduced after the DVB-T2 standard, and so support for DVB-T2 does not imply support for HEVC. Check your tuner details to see if it supports HEVC.

(2) Your tuner does support HEVC, but you need a HEVC codec in order to be able to view video. See this page for one way of (maybe) getting a HEVC codec.

It's not a codec or tuner problem, because I tried on another application with the same tuner, in the same PC, and the channel starts.

MarcoVi

Portal Member
    February 14, 2018
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi everyone, I too have the same problem, I have a Digital Devices dvb-T card ........ Digital Devices dvb-T2, with MediaPortal it gives me an error while with the DD-TV Software you can see very well. I would like to specify that the 2 Italian test channels (lcn 100 and 200 DTT) are broadcast in DVB-T HEVC Main 10 (not in DVB-T2).
    Marco

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If i start the channel preview, an error "NoVideoAudioDetected" appears.
    When you say "channel preview", do you mean that you used the "Preview" button in "TV Server Config"?

The reason that I ask this is that the "Preview" button is known to be unreliable. I suspect that it uses a shortcut interface to TV Server, and does not use the full interface that the MP client uses. The consequence is that "Preview" is not guaranteed to work in every case.

Did you try viewing the channel in the MP client? It may work.

MarcoVi

Portal Member
    February 14, 2018
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi CyberSimian, I know your answer is addressed to Mediavoice who started the discussion, I would like to answer you since the problem we have is the usual one, yes .. the problem occurs by pressing "Preview" in "TV Server Configuration" and here it can maybe it doesn't work ... but it doesn't work either using the Frontend of MediaPortal 1.25.0 or even with the Frontend of Kodi v. 18.8 Leia ... v.19 Matrix. While from the tests carried out it works very well with the DD_TV_setup_1_13_0 software from Digital Devices (the TV cards are from Digitaln Devices) .. Now it is to be seen if the problem is the type of test transmission which is .... "particular", seen as I said above it is DVB-T HEVC Main 10 and not DVBT-T2 HEVC Main 10. in fact this type of transmission in Italy is performed to test far to Italians the compatibility of televisions with HEVC Main 10 not for DVB-T or DVB-T2 (broadcasters take DVB-T2 compatibility for granted) as we don't have DVB-T2 broadcasts in Italy, so they decided to broadcast a simple still image to test. who can see this image (channels 100 and 200 DTT) .. "they say" has the TV ready for the transition to DVB-T2 ... I hope I have been able to explain the situation. At your disposal for any other question, clarification or ... maybe "test"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom