TV Server Plugin: EmailScheduler (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi HolyCorn,
can you send me a TV server log file? Which checking time did you set? What messages are in the log file at the time the next email check should happen?
I just returned and i am looking into the manual recording issue from ELS first. Afterwards I will install the new 1.1beta. i do not believe the issue is related to that.

Holy Corn, it looks like I need to stop and restart the Tvservice whenever the time is changed in the tvserver configuration for Mp1.1. I will add this in the next version. In between please try to manually stop and restart the tvservice once (or reboot the system).

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Version 1.0.4.0 released

I have released 1.0.4.0 which contains some major changes and has been tested with the latest 1.1beta version. The most important ones are:
- using Media Portal Extension Installer. This will make EmailScheduler available via the online list as a MPEI plugin (should be online tomorrow). So you only have to start MPI and load the latest online list. The MPI will unzip the installation files and start the EmailScheduler Installer.
- improved interface to download the emails from the server. The wait states to the server have been shortened, so the download should go a lot faster.
- reduced minimum time for checking emails. I want to emphasize that the time for a standard mail providers should not be less than 15 minutes or EmailScheduler may not work. Shorter times should only be used if you have your private mail server locally installed on the machine. Also Tv server willl get restarted whenever you change the email checking time.
- a new keyword UseScheduleName=<true|false>. The default is set to false. If the user specifies after
AddProgram=myname
UseScheduleName=true
then the recorded filename will be changed to myname after the recording is completed. This does allow manual recordings with specific names. Please note that the program name must not contain the character "\".
-improved warning and error messages
- fixed autodetection of MediaPortal installation folders for xp users with non English/German Windows version (Same issue as discussed in the BackupSettings Plugin post)
- changed date time conversion to culture invariant (used for different Windows language setttings) for all conversions

More details can be found in the manual. Thanks a lot for all your postings.
Have fun, huha

micha02

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey huha,

the installer is installing V 1.0.3.0 and not the latest Version.
Are there specific reasons for that or is that a mistake by you?

Cu Micha

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi micha02,
I just verified that the installer is installing version 1.0.4.0 from the online list. I suspect that for some reason your old version did not get overwritten.
By debugging I found a bug in the uninstall function, so this is not working right now and will be fixed in the next version.
Please try to uninstall the plugin manually by
- start the tv server configuration and click "Stop Service" in the "Manual Control" Tab.
- close the tvserver configuration
- delete the file C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Plugins\EmailScheduler.dll

Now open the mpi installer again , load the latest online list and reinstall the plugin

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I found out out during latest testing that the plugin is broken when using Windows XP (SP3 - 32bit). The problem does not occur with Vista or Windows 7. I am working on a solution. I was surprised that no one did post this. If someone has the latest version working with xp please let me know.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
EmailScheduler V1.0.4.1 released

I have released version 1.0.4.1 which contains some major bug fixes.

Since version 1.0.3.1 EmailScheduler did only work under Vista and Windows 7 with the new Email Reading methodology, but failed for XP. I downgraded back to the method in 1.0.3.0.
I added autodetection support for Windows 7 (64 bit) versions from BackupSettings and improved the autodetection during installation.
The data are now moved from TV_PROGRAM_FOLDER\EmailScheduler to TV_USER_FOLDER\EmailScheduler
I fixed an installer bug for uninstalling the plugin
I added support for different smtp/pop3 server authorization with username and password (request from the German user Forum)
I fixed a bug for Processing ongoing (wait for completion) in case of an error state

I wish everyone a Happy New Year and have fun with the plugin,
huha

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Version 1.0.4.2 released

I have released 1.0.4.2. Special thanks to Micha02 for his help in testing. There were a couple of bug fixes:

* Email address of the SMTP server can now be separately specified if it is not identical to the user name
Some providers require a different user name than the emai laddress. This was leading to an error message before this fix when sending an email

* When TV server is started , receiving emails will be started first time after the checking interval. By delaying the first email receive check an exception can be avoided if the user is just entering his server data.

* Some providers did send the mail as a plain text mail and a html mail. Schedules got recorded twice before this fix.

If you have downloaded the private fix in the German user forum you need to reinstall again.

micha02

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Version 1.0.4.2 released

Hi huha

...Special thanks to Micha02 for his help in testing.
At first: I have to thank you for spending your time and make the plugin able to work with my provider.

Second thing: I found a little bug in the plugin/ documentation in connection with START_TIME/ END_TIME .
E.g.:

HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television
START_TIME = 2009-10-18_00:00
END_TIME = 2009-10-18_23:59

Obtains the error: No programs could be assigned to end time 2009-10-18_23:59

If I use ":" instead of "=" all is fine.
E.g.:

HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television
START_TIME : 2009-10-18_00:00
END_TIME : 2009-10-18_23:59

Bye Micha

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
micha02,
this looks to me like a bug in the plugin. I will look next week end at this. I may need your help with testing again. Can you try a new recording in 2010 like
ADDSCHEDULE=test
CHANNEL =RTL Television
START_TIME = 2010-10-18_00:00
END_TIME = 2010-10-18_23:59

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom