TV Server Plugin: EmailScheduler (2 Viewers)

micha02

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Re: TV Server Plugin: EmailScheduler

Hey huha,
Can you try a new recording in 2010 like
ADDSCHEDULE=test
CHANNEL =RTL Television
START_TIME = 2010-10-18_00:00
END_TIME = 2010-10-18_23:59
That works!

And I've tested the command HELP=EPG several times again. Here is the summary:

This is working.

HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television
START_TIME : 2010-10-19_00:00
END_TIME : 2010-10-19_23:59

HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television
END_TIME = 2010-10-19_23:59

This is not working.

HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television
START_TIME = 2010-10-19_00:00

HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television

Bye Micha

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Micha02,
after looking at it in more detail i think it behaves as I programmed it, but you found a bug in the manual.

1)
HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television

The program will ignore your start time and end time because you did not specify the "=". So this is the same as
HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television
and it will list all programs on RTL for any time.

2)
HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television
as the program will ignore the start time it is the same as
HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television

This will list all programs on RTL which are before the end time of october 2010 and those will be all your programs on RTL in the EPG

3)
HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television

This will list all your programs after the start time and before the endtime. As I am sure you have no EPG data from october 2010 it will not find any matching programs.

4)
HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television

This is the same as
HELP = EPG
CHANNEL =RTL Television
It will search for any programs on RTL after the start time in october and will not fiond any matches.

The manual is incorrect on the endtime specification for HELP=EPG

HELP=EPG <optional programname>
If the TV server option box is enabled, a complete list of all TV server EPG program data will be
sent back together with the start time, end time and channel. As this can be a quite large list it is
recommended to use the following supported keywords for filtering and reducing the data:
Channel: only EPG data of the specified channel will be sent back
Channelgroup: Only data of the specified channel group (TV or radio) will be sent back
Start_time: only data for programs starting after the specified date/time will be sent back
End_time: only data for programs ending after the specified date/time will be sent back

It should be before and not after. I will update in the next version. Thanks again for your help in testing!

micha02

Portal Member
January 2, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: TV Server Plugin: EmailScheduler

Hey huha,

any further HELP=EPG - questions:

Have you ever checked the needed time and processor-/ systemperformance while caching the EPG-Data?
Reason for the question is, that you limited the titles in the reply mail to 500. So it isn't possible to get the EPG-data of one week for all (favorite) channels.
Depending on your answer about the needed time and performance:
Would you like to implement the opportunity to specify the max title-count by the user?

By what is the plugin sorting the titles in the reply mail ?
(First by channel, secound by timestamp would be great.)

Bye Micha

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi micha02,
yes, caching the EPG data is quite CPU expensive and takes some time. But this will depend on the user (how many channels and days of EPG data) and on the system. You can start the taskmanager to watch CPU usage when clicking the test receive button. If you have enabled the Verbose Debug option the log file will give you the time.
I can implement the max title count userdefined in the next version.
There is no sorting by the plugin, so it will depend on your EPG method. The way the code is structured i could do that only for the whole EPG data and that would take too much time.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have released 1.0.4.3 which adds now email support for the TvWishList plugin. This means you can generate a TvWish List via email if your PC does not have a keyboard attached.
I have also included user defined parameters for max Epg data (requested by Micha), max Email Count and max Scrcript wait minutes.
Improved error checking for provider data was attached.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
EmailScheduler V1.0.5.0 released

The new version 1.0.5.0 has been tested with MP1.1 RC1 and has the following new features:

* if the system goes into standby/hibernation the email server connection will be terminated. This could cause a Tvserver exception in the old version.

* added advanced recording / search options for TvWishList version 0.0.0.5 (do not use with 0.0.0.4 or older!).
Check the manaual for a complete list.

* using improved conflict management from TvWishList

* supporting new MPEI2 installer

* Priority management will be used for scheduling. If you schedule a new program with higher priority all conflicting schedules will get deleted. If there is any schedule with higher priority or equal priority like the new one, the new schedule will be skipped to avoid conflicts. For priority you must have the option "Alolow Deleting Schedules" checked. If not a new schedule will be skipped independent of the priority if it causes a conflict.

Have fun, huha

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is it possible to let the TVserver send the EPG data of the following 24 hours on an e-mailrequest? This would be a nice feature since I do not alway know the correct name of the programs in EPG.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For all, I am struggling with the new MPEI2 installer of MP1.1 RC1. After the release of Emailscheduler the TvWishlist and Emailscheduler plugin are now within the same list as different versions. I am working on that. But you can still use the older MPI installer for all MP versions.

Update: I think i could fix this now, so the new MPEI2 installer should work. The EmailScheduler installer Window is showing the incorrect version 1.0.4.4, but is installing the correct version.

Hi Snader, check the manual on page 11 - should be already done.
    HELP=EPG <optional programname>
    If the TV server option box is enabled, a complete list of all TV server EPG program data will be
    sent back together with the start time, end time and channel. As this can be a quite large list it is
    recommended to use the following supported keywords for filtering and reducing the data:
    Channel: only EPG data of the specified channel will be sent back
    Channelgroup: Only data of the specified channel group (TV or radio) will be sent back
    Start_time: only data for programs starting after the specified date/time will be sent back
    End_time: only data for programs ending before the specified date/time will be sent back

Snader

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 5, 2007
    Aalsmeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry huha, my fault! Great job!

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country