TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (2 Viewers)

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
April 15, 2010
Hey Huha, it's me again. :)

after working a few month with TV-Wishlist...i wished tvWishlist had one of the features i am missing:
  1. Specify the TV-station(s) where to search for the "searchstring"...E.g. search for "american edition" only on CNN
  2. specify a timewindow in which the record has to be...E.g. 20:00 to 23:00 o'clock
  3. Specify the exact day, on which the show I'm looking for is...E.g. on Thursday, friday only

It would be great if you can implement these features..that would be awsome and make your plugin even better than it's right now :)

And there are some questions left:
  • What's the diffenrence between the MATCH-types "movie" and "series". On which data TVwishlist decides wheater it's a series or a movie?
  • The plugin found 150 matches after a few days. How can i reset that counter? And: is there a possibility that the plugin itself resets the counter, for example remove matchings that lie in the past?!
  • What about the priority? 1 - high .... 9 - low? or the other way?
Thx a lot pal! :D

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Pilgrimon
on your features:
1) You can define a group of channels in the TV server with station names and use the group name in TvWishlist
2) ,3) Currently in progress. The next version will have an interval for record after, record before for time and day

On your questions:
1) The difference is that series is stored in a subfolder, movies are just placed in the recording folder. If you use the MP scheduler, then there are additionally features for episodes, like keeping only a certain number of episodes
2) you can reset the counter in the Column Found (main)
3) 0 is low, 9 is high

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
April 15, 2010
Hi Pilgrimon
on your features:
1) You can define a group of channels in the TV server with station names and use the group name in TvWishlist
2) ,3) Currently in progress. The next version will have an interval for record after, record before for time and day
Hi huhu, thx for your reply.
Sorry 'bout my late reply. This thread just got out of my focus :(
Anyway, here we go...
just a frew notes to my wishes (and your replys)

1.) Yes, that's possible. Your're right. But i think it's realy annoying to make a new channel-group if you want ro record 1 item on just 1 tv-station. After a while you've got more or less nearly every channel in it's own channel-group. I wouldn't like that at all....

referencing 2.) and 3.): I don't think you got my point. What i meant was, that it would be great if i can specify a period of time/days. TV-Wishlist just records/notifies tv programs which are inside this period. For example: I want to record "Navy CIS". This series is broadcasted 4 times a week. On saturdays and sundays at 8pm and 1am. Now i just want tv-wishlist to record only that episode on Sunday at 8 pm. The others i don't want to record.
That's why i wish i could specify a period of time and specific days...Only when these match with the searchstring it has to be on the record.
I hope you understand what i mean?!

2) you can reset the counter in the Column Found (main)
And another question: The plugin itself does not decrease the matches when they lie in the past? Example: Tv-whishlist found 4 matches tomorrow...the day after tomorrow, the plugin does not decrease the number of matches by 4 automaticly, doesn't it? I think it would be great, if it would do so ;)

Thx for all your work. I really like your plugIn! :D

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
version 1.1.1.0 released

Version 1.1.1.0 released on 3.Oct.2010
• delete scheduled recordings if mismatch with found program, because of old and new epg data do not match
I hope this will fix the issue reported before in the forum with multiple recordings due to changed EPG data. Please note thast this option is disabled by default and needs to be enabled in the option settings.
The other changes are minor enhancements on filters as discussed before. Please check the manual for details
• exact word match for title or text.
• filter option "after time" and "before time" (default any)
• filter option "after day" and "before day" (default any)
• filter option for a single channel name (default any)
• small GUI layout changes
• moved important messages from DEBUG to INFO

Thanks for your postings in the forum.
have fun, huha

Update for Pilgrimon:
if you do not like the counter limiting your matches. You can set the maximum counter in the setting tab to a very high number e.g. 10000000 and it will not bother you anymore.

Pilgrimon

Portal Pro
April 15, 2010
hey huha. Thx a lot for your update. :)

In columb "Cannel" i can type in the Cannel name, of whom the match has to be? Is this an "partial match" or an "exact match" input?
If it's exact match, you may make this to a dropdown selection like you did for "match type" or "group".?!

if i choose "After Day" == Monday "before day" == wednesday", the only day tvwishlist checks is tuesdays..right?
What format shall "Before Time", "After Time" be? 24hrs? e.G. 23:15 ?

For the next release: Can you please add "ALL" (= ALL movies + ALL episodes together) to the "Record Type" ??

:D

diskeeper

Portal Pro
January 5, 2007
Dortmund
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: TV Server Plugin: TvWishList

brilliant,
exactly what I was looking for.

Too bad that not even such a thing mp makes, there should necessarily be included.

:D

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Pilgrimon,
the channel name has to be an exact match and is case sensitive as there can be the same channel name being used case sensitive for two different channels. I will not do a drop box, as i have more than 700 channels on satellite. so the user has to enter the name.

if you choose after Monday and before Wednesday, the recording will be done on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

The Time format is 24 hours e.g. 23:15

The plugin cannot differ between episode and movie. This is an attribute which the user will assign. In case of an episode the found schedules will be recorded in a separate folder and episode management will be applicable (e.g. Keep Episodes). But this will not have any impact on how many schedules will be found.

Thanks to all for the nice feedback. Glad to see that you like it.

Greetings, huha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom