TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (3 Viewers)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
A question forced by a major hardware failure and need to reinstall Windows from scratch. I have the contents of the disks, C:/Program Data/Team Media Portal etc. but no nice tidy backup.

Question is, where does Wishlist store all the wishes that have been set up? I guess this is in a .xml file somewhere. Can I recover this from the old folder before the disk is reformatted for the new install and then insert it into the correct folder? Fortunately I have a very recent dump of the main MPTVDB so that bit will be quite easy, but I know this isn't where the wishes are stored.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
wjw, the wishes are stored in the TV data base, soyou cannot simply reload it.
If you are using BackupSettings the wishes will be stored in a xml file, which you can transfer to another computer und with the filter just import all the plugin settings.

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Huha,

Thanks for the info. As this hardware failure was certainly not planned, I do not have any backup - other than a copy of the database. I have looked at MpTvdb carefully with SQL tools and can't see where wishes are stored. If I could it would be relatively easy just to set them all up again (after I've done a fresh install of MP 1.10 and the other plugins - TVWishlist will be the first!). This will be easier than trying to remember them all!

Can you tell me which table you store the wishes in?

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
wjw, they are stored as a plain setting string like any other settings

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Need Help on Testing

I have started a change for the next MP version, where I need to change conflict management. As this is a critical part i do need some help in debugging before the official release. The new version should work for MP 1.10 and above. Please let me know if you tested and it worked as expected.

Attachments

• TvWishList.Ver.1.4.1.0.mpe1
    6.4 MB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi huha ;)

TNX for the update! I did a quick test and when i create a Wish on the client, it stores it nicely in the server, but a EPG search doesn't 'match' any recordings.
    I've tried a manual search on both the client & server, but without any matches.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Jeroen,
    thanks for the log file. On a first quick look everything looks OK. Your existing recordings are recognized and new schedules are processed. There is no scheduling by TvWishlist, because you have activated a filter on channelgroup=HD. Also a few schedules have been already scheduled before. The only thing I do not understand is your ZDF HD channel. It is not recognized within the group HD. Can you check if ZDF HD is part of your HD group? If you remove the filter HD i guess you would get actual schedules by TvWishList.
    There were no conflicts for any schedule as expected.

On the new changes in
    GetConflictingSchedules(schedule, out conflictingSchedules, out notViewableSchedules)
    I believe to understand the conflicts, but i am not sure what the notViewableSchedules are. I believe for scheduling I need only to check for conflicts. i could not generate so far a notViewableSchedule.
    Regards, huha

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    There is no scheduling by TvWishlist, because you have activated a filter on channelgroup=HD.
    Yeah, because i always use the HD group. All the channels i watch, are in that group (and in HD quality) and i only record from those channels, not the (same) SD channel ;)
    ZDF HD shouldn't be in my HD group, since i never watch that channel. And i've tried scheduling upcoming recordings from the EPG on the client, but those aren't found when the EPG is searched for. I might need to redo this test and post you some EPG screenshots and TV Server wishes to go with the logs ;)
    The strange thing is that the schedule 'Cops' seems to record on a daily base, so that lookup is working. No clue why others (which are visible in the EPG) are failing.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HomeY, I do see from the log 75 hits of different wishes (not only cops), but not scheduling due to Group HD not matching. Cops is the only one where schedules were found already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom