TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (3 Viewers)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Richy759, i just installed RC3 and did a quick test. Everything worked fine for me.

Juro, writing a GUI for MP and a TvWishListMP plugin for media portal would be a complete new project which i do not have the time for. If someone would like to get familiar with MediaPortal plugins, this would be a nice project to get started with. If someone is interested please send me a private message.

greetings, huha

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Version 1.0.7.0 released

I have released 1.0.7.0 and called it stable. Hope this was not a mistake :D
I appreciated all your testing and the feedback in this forum.
This version was focused on stability and error robustness. I think it covered the items being discussed in the forum so far.
As always you can install it with the new MPEIV2 installer or download from the the first thread or use the older mpi installer for older versions.

Version 1.0.7.0
• faster EPG data search by presorting EPG data. Prersorting takes about 30s on a Intel
1.78GHz dual core, but the time could roughly be reduced by half for each specified wish
(about 15s). if you have many wishes defined you will benefit a lot from this feature.
• user option for skip reoeated schedules (see manual). Users with poor EPG data description
can now disable this feature to record all episodes
• EPG checking time can be specified by week days
• improved handling of next EPG checking time (handshake between Tvservice and SetupTV)
• old EPG checking date will be restored if user is shutting down or suspending/hibernating
the computer during an active EPG search of the TvService
• correct handling of integer values which are not in the drop down list in all textboxes (hours,
days, minutes, max found)
• Buttons added for setting all entries active / inactive

Have fun, huha

richy759

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    You weren't wrong when you said it would be faster. I reckon mines about 10 times faster (I do have lots of wishes).
    Thanks for your hard work.
    Rich

Anjin

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Home Country
    I have about fifteen entries and this processes much faster.

I don't see any scroll bars on the entry list, however I suspect this a problem on my implementation

Some suggestions for a future revision

-More detail in the email such as the series and episode numbers for those items reported
    -A way of backing up the entries to an xml file.

Thanks!

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to hear it is workingfaster.

Anjin, more details can be implemented in the next version. Backing up the Tv wishes does work already by two ways. If you use the BackupSettings plugin, all your Tv wishes will be exported in a "non human readable" xml file and can be imported again. The preferred way may be my EmailScheduler plugin, which you can use to query the actual wish list and to edit/add/delete any entries. Check the Emailscheduler manual for the syntax. My HTPC does not have a keyboard and i am processsing all TvWishList data via email.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Hi.

I installed Tv wishlist right now. I think the idea behind this plugin is fantastic. :)
    But there's one thing i don't like that much:

I tell the plugin when to send me that specific email (I said every day at 8:30 pm, for example)....But...if the PC, where TV-Server (and the plugin) is installed, is offline at that specific time, i don't get an mail that day at all.

Perhaps you can change or add 1 or 2 features to solve that problem:

- send an email whenever XMLtv updates the EPG data or
    - if an email-sending is not possible at that specific time (see prob. above), TvWishList will send an email as soon as it's possible ??

Would be great if you can fixx that mail-sending issue :)

:D

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi bugmenot,
    if the PC is offline during EPG checking time, it should do the EPG check after the next power on. I will do some more debugging on this.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Hi bugmenot,
    if the PC is offline during EPG checking time, it should do the EPG check after the next power on. I will do some more debugging on this.

Hi Huha,
    when the PC is completely powered off and later powered on again, too?

---------

what i also found out: I added 2 shows to the list:
    - "numb3rs"
    - "schluss mit Hotel Mama"

Although there is 5 times "schluss mit Hotel Mama" in the EPG-data i only get one match in the corresponding column in the List where to add the shows . And in the mail i get day by day, there are only episodes of the series "numb3rs" and non of "schluss mit hotel mama"... (Yes, the checkbox for both shows is enabled). I'll test this the next days by hard to figure out where's the failure....

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi bugmenot,
    yes, it should work also if the PC is off. I checked that. Please turn verbose debug option on and generate a log file. I will be busy over the week end, but will look next week in more detail.

bugmenot

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2007
    Hi...

I tested the last 2 days. Now i get an mail, even when the PC was turned off at the specific time.
    It's working, like you said.

But now, i've got an other problem.
    I Got an weekly TV-series named "Schluss mit Hotel Mama!". But TvWishList does not find it in EPG-Data..even though it's there!
    (Look picture)

I turned on [x] verbose logging, but...where is the logfile located??

Edit: Are you from germany? Perhaps you can test "Schluss mit Hotel Mama!" on your machine then...?

Attachments

• TVWishlist.jpg
      TVWishlist.jpg
      133.8 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom