TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (4 Viewers)

Jeep725

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I am looking for some help as to why a program is being scheduled to record only once, and all other episodes are being skipped. They are not duplicates, but are being identified as such. I am not familiar with SQL, but perhaps there is an expression that could be used to define this on the wish list?

The problem: I have created a wish for the exact title "Masterpiece Classic" and I have noticed in my EPG data that each episode is called "Downton Abbey" and then the episode descriptions are different. I have tried using Downton Abbey in the Episode name field in the TV Server Plugin, but it didn't come up with any results. Thus, I am not sure how it is defining the conflicts and only recording one (the first) episode. Any thoughts on a work around for this or am I defining this incorrectly?

Thanks so much,
Cristina

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Cristina,
the issue is that your EPG data do contain for all episodes the same episodename and no episode partnumber.
So Tvwishlist will schedule the first one and then during the episode check realize that there has been an episode with name Downton Abbey already scheduled and thinks it is a repeated one. To overcome this you need to tell TvWishlist to ignore for episodemanagement the episdodename and part, but use only episode number and series number. They are different for each episode. To do this change episodecriteria (you may need all items enabled) and change from Description+Name+Number to Description+Number. If this does not work please post your log file again.

Jeep725

Portal Member
September 28, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thank you so much, huha, that solution worked and this plugin works great for me. This fits the bill perfectly for my needs!!

Cheers,
Cristina

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    hey huha,

i have a quest. Your tool can only check the recorded folder that he do not record the same thing again ? My problem is, that i move the recorded episodes from the folder to another hdd, there is more place for media, but than your tool shedule the same episodes again, because my paytv provider send reps of the last season. Can your tool check th mp tv series db if this episode is local ? Or can I only prevent it if the recordings in the recordings folder ?

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi
    I do this as well.
    It is only possible with TV recordings at the moment, not DVDs.
    When you move them to a new folder you need to move the xml file to the same place as well.
    Then, in TV Server config/Recording/Folders you need to have the new location set as the recording location for one of the cards you don't use (eg an analogue or iptv card).
    Then, in the next tab - database import - you can 'remove invalid entries', then seelct your new folder location in the dropdown box, and you can import the programs into the recordings database in their new location.
    You need to be disciplined about doing the 'remove invalid entries' first followed by the import each time you have moved some files, at least before the next tvwishlist run.

In MP2 I think this will beome easier because from what i have heard there is one database for all programs.

Of course, if huha wants to check the tvseries db in mp1 that would be great too!
    Ben

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Cristina, I forgot to mention that you can set the default settings for each tvwish in the MP configuration to Description+Number. Then each new created tvwish will use those settings.
    D3ltoroxp, foxbenw, i am not planning to extend TvWishList to read additional databases. I am glad i got it with the Tvserver database working.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i want to record some series and my shedule list is full so i ask me what i have to do if an episode from tvwishlist is on the same time as a movie which i want to record. Which service has the higher priority? - i set all series with the priority 0

Skip Repeated Episodes:
    i want to put all my series in a folder called record, after some time i move everything to a series folder and than i put everything to tvseries - any options that tvwishlist check the tvseriesdb and dont record series which are in the database? - i guess the standard skip option only check the record folder and not the seriesdatabase?

Last edited:

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    regurge, priority 0 is lowest priority. If you set this for tvwishlist no existing schedule will be overwritten. Tvwishlist will realize if you do not have enough TV cards and skip the program if there is a conflict unless you specify a high priority and enable this option in the tvserver plugin.

As I said before I am not planning to include other databases, but you can do a trick with folders. Tv Wishlist is looking at recordings from the tvserver. So you can use in Tvconfig->recordings-> folders a name for an unused tv card (e.g. iptv filter) and point it to the directory where you have your movies. Then goto database import and import selected files.

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1.3.0.4 released on 08. December 2012:
    Version 1.3.0.4 includes the bugfix discovered from foxbenw in the repeated episode detection and some improvements on the MP2 client plugin.

– TvServer plugin:
    – fixed bug in Episode algorithm (thanks to Foxbenw)
    – MP2 plugin:
    – updated skins including playlist buttons for main screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom