TV Server Plugin: TvWishList (3 Viewers)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How can i add a Serie (to record) so it will use the Name Conventions for "Series" on TV-Server?

Thanks! :)

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm using mythtv. And I have created a custom search rule that looks like this "program.category_type = 'movie' AND program.airdate >= 1970". It is set to record at any time on any channel. It will search for, and record any movie newer than 1970. Is it possible to do the same with this plugin? And if so, how would I do that?
    Hi
    I can try to help here too, but Huha will be able to give the definitive answer when he is back.
    According to the pdf manual it is possible to use both 'genre' and 'originalAirDate' in an SQL query. In the plugin you need to select 'match type' as 'expression', then type in the sql you want to run.
    something like this i guess:
    (genre = 'movie') AND (originalAirDate > '31/12/1970')
    ... but i do not know if the date format is correct
    It will be considerably easier to do this in the TV Server plugin rather than the MP front end plugin.

The two fields 'genre' and 'originalAirDate' are from the table called programs in the TV Server database.
    It will be important that this works and the data is populated correctly.

Therefore a more important question is - have you tried to import the xmltv data into tv server yet? Even if TVWishList can do it, it will not work if the xmltv tags are not imported correctly into tv server.
    Ben

Last edited:

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The xml files created are sufficient so that tvwish takes no duplicate episodes ?

I'm not sure of what you are asking me. Sorry.:( Or maybe my question wasn't clear? I use xmltv swedb.se in mythtv to get guidedata. It has all information needed and it works great. I just set it to not record duplicates.

What I would like to know is, if I use the same guidedata with mediaportal and tvwishlist, would it be possible to do the same thing?

Sorry it was not an answer of your quest but my on quest.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    The xml files created are sufficient so that tvwish takes no duplicate episodes ?

I'm not sure of what you are asking me. Sorry.:( Or maybe my question wasn't clear? I use xmltv swedb.se in mythtv to get guidedata. It has all information needed and it works great. I just set it to not record duplicates.

What I would like to know is, if I use the same guidedata with mediaportal and tvwishlist, would it be possible to do the same thing?

Sorry it was not an answer of your quest but my on quest.

The XML files from tv server contain all the data needed, and this data comes from the epg data at the time it is recorded.
    This data is stored in a table called recordings in the database.
    BUT - if you move the ts and XML files to a different folder, you need to re-import the XML file so that the file location in the recordings table is correct.
    I remember that you said you were moving files (I do this too). Did you work out how to re-import the XML files?

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No i only move the ts. files, not the xml files and this is what im asking for if this is enough for tvwish, it does not lift equal ?

Last edited:

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    D3ltoroxp
    No, it is not enough to move the ts files. I wanted to do exactly the same as you when i started with MP.

You need to do all of this:
    1) move the xml files AND the ts files to the new folder
    2) add this new folder (or any folder above it) as the recording directory for a tv tuner you are not using.
    - go to tvserver config/recording/folders
    - select a spare tv tuner you don't use (maybe radio or analogue tv)
    - change the folder below it to the one you want
    - this will allow the folder to be seen in the next tab (which is called database import)
    3) go to tvserver config/recordings/database import, remove the old program locations and add the new ones
    - press the 'remove invalid entries' button. this will remove all of the references to the files you just moved
    - after all of them have been removed, in the same tab, select the new recording folder
    - wait. all of the programs you moved will appear in the box below
    - press 'import selected files'
    - this will import all of the recordings back into the database with the new location

tvwishlist will now be able to use these moved recordings in its searches

Every time you move a file, you need to do part 3) before TVWishList is run again

As i said, this is what i do. It works well but i have to remember to keep the database import tidy every time i move files. This is the best we can do right now, because the TV Server does not link into the tv series or my movies databases in MP1. Hopefully in MP2 it will be possible.
    If any of this is not clear, feel free to ask.
    Ben

rhine44

Portal Member
    November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi,
    I am using mc2xml to get my guide info and it can add a * to the end of a new show title.
    Using this I would like to setup my filters to to only record new shows.
    Does this make sense or is there a better way?

Thanks for any help

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Hi,
    I am using mc2xml to get my guide info and it can add a * to the end of a new show title.
    Using this I would like to setup my filters to to only record new shows.
    Does this make sense or is there a better way?

Thanks for any help
    The answer is it depends what new means. If you are happy that the * at the end captures all the shows you need, and you don't want to use the tvwishlist episode name criteria in the future, then you could use an sql expression to search for those programs.
    Something like this i guess: (title = 'whatever') AND (episodename like '%*')
    (with 'match type' as 'expression').
    Or just (episodename like '%*') for all new shows.

This seems like a decent way to search for new shows. If I wanted to find and record all new series, without knowing the name of the series in advance, what you are doing seems like a sensible answer. But, if i knew the name of the show already i would not do this. I would use the episode name/number criteria in tvwishlist. This is because i do not like the idea of changing my epg data. I assume that by changing your epg data, tv server will think the name of the episode is episode*. So if you ever try to use it normally to search for duplicates, it will not work unless you remove the * again.

Have you tried to work out if tvwishlist can replicate the search that is done when you add the * to your epg data?
    Ben

rhine44

Portal Member
    November 19, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the quick response Ben,

I removed the *, as I do know the names of the programs I want to record. I will see how that works.

I uploaded a file with mc2xml data and output from TvWhishList email.

Question 1: Is there enough info from the mc2xml data to determine what shows are new?

Question 2: Beginning in early November info lines like this seem to be missing:
    Program: Democracy Now! already scheduled
    George

Attachments

• Tv-filter.txt
      1.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom