Tv-Stream cannot be played on 2nd machine (1 Viewer)

mp-user

Portal Pro
July 26, 2008
AW: Tv-Stream cannot be played on 2nd machine

Hi juro, thank you for the configuration wiki links. These are exactly the steps I already did after your first post - no change (again: please keep in mind that there is a working connection in MP from TVClient to TVServer that can be seen in working transmission of channels/groups/EPG).

I have DHCP activated but the server always gets a fixed IP address from the DHCP server (my router).

Any other idea?

mp-user

jonkol

Portal Member
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Re: AW: Tv-Stream cannot be played on 2nd machine

Hi,

Can chime in to say that I have 100% the same problem....

Had everything working before on win xp, but upgraded to win 7. Works perfectly locally on the server but getting the same errors on all win 7 clients. All machines cleanly installed...

/Jonas

Edit: I have turned off all firewalls. Im only working with fixed IP adresses in configurations on both side. Tried different codecs....

RLinSweden

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Can also join the company. I've try'd to exclude all firewalls a lot of different codecs and all with the same result.
    Connection to TV server lost.

Kind regards

RLinSweden

jonkol

Portal Member
    November 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A small little clue to whats going on. I have now installed clients on a lot of machines. And its the machines wth WIN-7 N thats the problem for me. Normal WIN-7 seems to work.
    WIN-7 N is the windows version without the mediaplayer parts. I have installed the microsoft player package that upgrades win-7 N to standard win-7.

Dont kow if this can be the problem. Do the other problem-reporters have win-7 N as well?

Thanks

/Jonas

mp-user

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2008
    AW: Re: Tv-Stream cannot be played on 2nd machine

The problem occurs on a WinVista Home Professional version where it used to work a long time ago (meanwhile there were a lot of MP- and Windows-updates, new software installed, ...). The Windows MediaPlayer itself work very fine with different vids, TS-files, ...
    Of course, I've disabled firewalls, anti-vir, anti-spyware etc., tried different codecs, checked them with filmerit, ... nothing works.

What is the exactly error message you get?

mp-user

SiLenTYL

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2004
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    does your TV broadcaster use h264? i use mpeg2 here in australia - but the reason im asking is possibly to do with the AAC codec..set it to MONOGRAM..i had some issues with some h264 content if i changed the AAC codec to anything else for some reason

only other thing i could say is do a super mega uninstall (including databases) and set it up again on both PCs with 1.1.0 final

RLinSweden

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Again

I have now tryed with RC2, RC5 and 1.1 on total new installations and with the same result.
    " connection to TV-server aborted". I'm convinced it has to something with these never ending
    security updates from MS. They are hunting goosts all the days.

If sombody are able to read out something from the log, he is very wellcome.

Kind regards

RLinSweden

mp-user

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2008
    AW: Tv-Stream cannot be played on 2nd machine

Seems like another problem than mine, because I get some "Cannot play stream n" (where n is a number). If you have an error.log (which you should have if the connection is lost, post it here, too.)

mp-user

BTW: you may have "Extended Logging" enabled in MP config -> remote. If this is the case and you do not have problems with your remote you should remove this setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom