TV stutters when second timeshift-buffer-file gets created (2 Viewers)

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Thats what i have already tried. Please also read my post #4 above here...

Rudi99

Portal Pro
October 3, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
and now? Do you also have stuttering / pausing video (.5 - 1 sec) or not?

tipstir

Portal Pro
May 5, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thats what i have already tried. Please also read my post #4 above here...

TV-Server Version:
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version:
CPU Type:
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard:
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Didn't see that.. thanks for letting me know... One thing though and I know all you like doing this.. But why not remove all Anti- AV, SPY, MAL stuff that on your system and just let the software run without those added weight, unless you use your one system for all. I just run one firewall software and that's it. Also a rob.bot to take care of automation repeated task.

PaulAEvans

Portal Member
February 29, 2008
East Anglia, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have never had Anti Virus , anti spy etc.. all I run is MediaPortal plus support programmes plugins etc.. I dont even allow epg grabs... but still regular stutter

Oh I forgot to mention my sytem is only SD... so should not be demanding... but still stutter when 2nd timeshift file starts (at least that only logic I can think off because it is so regular). My stuuter is similar to above ie sound is ok... but video stops... pause. thern takes about 1sec or so to catch up. Very annoying to the wife watching Wimbeldon tennis!!!

sepp776

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 28, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have stuttering since the last two weekly builds, too. I'm quite sure it's not a performance issue because it worked fine before and the system doesn't have any further applications or services generating CPU or HDD load.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    As a test can you run MP GUI non-fullscreen with task manager active and visible to monitor all activity.

Have the folder where timeshift buffer files are written to open and visible aswell

Now use MP as normal and start timeshhifting .

When the stutering occurs are there any unusual spikes in usage that accompany this?

If so which app or exe.

If you see some of my test feedback you will notice I use this method to bug hunt.

Other changes you can maker via task manager are changing app priority and affinity on the fly to see if this helps (or not)

On some cpu i have seen the simple raising of MP priority to 'above normal' cure stutter. Even affiinity change with certain CPUs help aswell.

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Unfortunately I will not be able to do this until early next week.. I will post feedback then...

Thanks.. keep this updated as any feedback that can help in stabalizing what must be a very annoing bug will help all those so affected.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    One of the things that gave me stutter was not having the amd dual core optimizer installed, as soon as i installed this stutter was gone, btw this only applied to xp, vista same machine\hardware setup for dualboot has not got the problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom