[WiP] TV upgrade - Combined RTSP, HEVC video and live TV rate-matching improvements (1 Viewer)

charliekay74

Portal Pro
June 6, 2015
Germany Germany
Country flag
i installed this MP Version few days before and it works very good without problems up to now. dvbt2hd hevc tv test channels work in germany. i am wondering why this version of mediaportal is only offered in this hidden subsubforum thread and not on the official download page. why not offering a beta/nightly section on official download webpage ?! i switched some months ago to dvbviewer because of the lack of hevc support in mediaportal. if would have seen the hevc support in this pre version in august i wouldnt have switched. its too difficult to find in forum only after intensive search

charliekay74

Portal Pro
June 6, 2015
Germany Germany
Country flag
that is very good news. but maybe thinking of beta version section on official downloadpage. For Users this is more attractive to get small updates maybe every month instead of one time a year. kodi offers nightly builds every day. sometimes a beta version solves one little problem for individual user ...and it could lead to more life/bustle in forum because of discussing new features....not only one time in year...often its very quite

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Germany Germany
    Country flag
    that is very good news. but maybe thinking of beta version section on official downloadpage. For Users this is more attractive to get small updates maybe every month instead of one time a year. kodi offers nightly builds every day. sometimes a beta version solves one little problem for individual user ...and it could lead to more life/bustle in forum because of discussing new features....not only one time in year...often its very quite
    As a MP1 user and sometimes tester of new features from Area 51 I don't agree with that. I believe it is better to fully test and where necessary debug specific new features that are of interest to users individually on a stable platform, before adding them to a beta or other kind of pre release. For sure at some point new features and problem fixes will need to be put together and tested as a whole but nightly or even monthly builds would I believe risk serious interactions of imature new features.

berlinerbayer

Portal Member
    November 5, 2016
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for your support. In the meantime I am sure that the CPU of my laptop is overloaded with the handling of HEVC decoding. I found also out that the newest Intel CPU 7. Generation explicit supporting the HEVC decoding without high load of CPU. Therefore I am checking now for a new laptop...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

OP Similar threads Forum Replies Date
    A [solved] DiseqC problems after upgrade to 1.25 General Support 1
    DHosein 1.25 Upgrade and movie covers/backdrops General Support 9
    cerberus Erfahrungsbericht Upgrade Win 10.1909 MP 1.24 Installationsprobleme? 2
    G [solved] Black Screen on all videos after upgrading to either 1.23 or 1.24 from 1.22 General Support 4
    404 [solved] EPG problem after Win10 'upgrade' General Support 1
    F [solved] Could not find the MediaPortal.Common.Logging.ILogger service after upgrading from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3 General 2
    G MP1 TV Server "failed to upgrade the database" using MS Sql Server Installation, configuration support 3
    T Upgrading HTPC for 4K General 5
    joecrow Online Videos fails after MP 1.23 upgrade. 1.23 Pre Release 37
    johns11 Multiple programs responding to IR commands since upgrade from 1.12 Remotes 3
    D PC rebuild & MP2 upgrade - how to preserve database and settings? General 1
    W Playback stuttering after upgrade from MP1 on Windows 7 to MP2 on Windows 10 General 2
    R [solved] TV Server after upgrading from MP 1.18 to MP 2.2 General 14
    caveman Upgrade from Mediaportal 1.X to 2.2 General 6
    B Is it Feasible to upgrade a working Mediaportal 1.20.100.0 to V2? Newcomers Forum 1
    T [further infos missing] MP2.2 client crashes on open (after upgrade) 2.2 Archive 34
    J Things I noticed with MP2.2 almost within minutes after upgrading it over the 2.13 version General 6
    D Upgrade to MP2.2 pre release fails with failure to start service 2.2 Archive 32
    C Upgrade from ancient MP Installation, configuration support 12
    Steve.Rayner61 TV "Unable to play" on Client - Working until Win 10 Server upgraded to Version 1803 Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 5
    J upgraded to mp2 but have a few queries! General 17
    Undel MediaPortal 1.1 upgrade Installation, configuration support 3
    A TV Channel Combination - case issue Television (MyTV frontend and TV-Server) 0
    D MP2 - V2.1 2-disc set: Both discs combined in movie library, but can only view disc 2 Older releases 27
    C streaming out UDP instead of RTSP Newcomers Forum 0