[WiP] TV upgrade - Combined RTSP, HEVC video and live TV rate-matching improvements (2 Viewers)

charliekay74

Portal Pro
June 6, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
i installed this MP Version few days before and it works very good without problems up to now. dvbt2hd hevc tv test channels work in germany. i am wondering why this version of mediaportal is only offered in this hidden subsubforum thread and not on the official download page. why not offering a beta/nightly section on official download webpage ?! i switched some months ago to dvbviewer because of the lack of hevc support in mediaportal. if would have seen the hevc support in this pre version in august i wouldnt have switched. its too difficult to find in forum only after intensive search

charliekay74

Portal Pro
June 6, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
that is very good news. but maybe thinking of beta version section on official downloadpage. For Users this is more attractive to get small updates maybe every month instead of one time a year. kodi offers nightly builds every day. sometimes a beta version solves one little problem for individual user ...and it could lead to more life/bustle in forum because of discussing new features....not only one time in year...often its very quite

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    that is very good news. but maybe thinking of beta version section on official downloadpage. For Users this is more attractive to get small updates maybe every month instead of one time a year. kodi offers nightly builds every day. sometimes a beta version solves one little problem for individual user ...and it could lead to more life/bustle in forum because of discussing new features....not only one time in year...often its very quite
    As a MP1 user and sometimes tester of new features from Area 51 I don't agree with that. I believe it is better to fully test and where necessary debug specific new features that are of interest to users individually on a stable platform, before adding them to a beta or other kind of pre release. For sure at some point new features and problem fixes will need to be put together and tested as a whole but nightly or even monthly builds would I believe risk serious interactions of imature new features.

berlinerbayer

Portal Member
    November 5, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks a lot for your support. In the meantime I am sure that the CPU of my laptop is overloaded with the handling of HEVC decoding. I found also out that the newest Intel CPU 7. Generation explicit supporting the HEVC decoding without high load of CPU. Therefore I am checking now for a new laptop...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom