TVE3.5 for MP1 (1 Viewer)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    TVE3.5 need NET4 TVServer side because new code added, gentle is not used anymore and replace with the new code that require NET4.0 :) (I don't remember the name, shame on me lol) @gibman or @mm1352000 can tell more :)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    FYI, I fixed problem with questions instead of russian letters in channel names.
    Somehow changes I did to my.ini were not saved and latin1 encoding still was there instead of utf8 o_O

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Buddy, this is a real phantom. Nobody has ever seen it [emoji23]. Hopefully it's going to get public soon
    It's currently running on my PC [emoji6] you could check my progress in playing with it in TVE3.5 for MP1 thread [emoji3]

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's currently running on my PC [emoji6] you could check my progress in playing with it in TVE3.5 for MP1 thread [emoji3]
    With all due respect and a lot of gratefulness for mm's and your work: if mm wants this to be tested, I invite him to open a thread in Area 51 and put this out to the community for public testing.

When you read through the forum there is an army of MP followers eagerly awaiting TVE 3.5. More importantly, this is the element that prevents many users to switch over to MP2.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Yeah, personally I think TVE3.5 with MP1 plugin master branch installler could be placed there fpr users to test on VM or so.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    TVE3.5 with MP1 plugin master branch installler could be placed there fpr users to test on VM
    not every VM allows to transfer physical TV tuner to VM, so it will make no sense to test TVE35 under VM.
    @Edalex can you dig further into tve35 for MP1 story, and clear with MM whether TVE35 witn MP1 plugin can be put to Area51 in its current state?

But we are going offtopic here. Let's continue discussion about tve35 here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tve3-5-for-mp1.129997/

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You're using the TVE 3.5 master branch, not my branch. ;)

With all due respect and a lot of gratefulness for mm's and your work: if mm wants this to be tested, I invite him to open a thread in Area 51 and put this out to the community for public testing.
    I'm not going to do this until I'm able to commit to supporting a release (ie. answering the inevitable barrage of questions, providing proper documentation, fixing bugs etc.).

When you read through the forum there is an army of MP followers eagerly awaiting TVE 3.5. More importantly, this is the element that prevents many users to switch over to MP2.
    Shame there aren't more developers willing to help actually make it happen.

Yeah, personally I think TVE3.5 with MP1 plugin master branch installler could be placed there fpr users to test on VM or so.
    Like I said: I'm not going to do it.
    If somebody else wants to assemble and support a release (as morpheus_xx has done for MP2) then that's fine... but it just won't be me.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    At the moment I'm probably a week or 2 away from completing the rewrite of TsWriter. After that I'll have to redo the corresponding TV library control code. After that I have to fix the broken idle EPG grabber. Then I'd start to think about a new release.
    so we can expect the first TVE35+MP1 version from you in ca. 2-3 months?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    so we can expect the first TVE35+MP1 version from you in ca. 2-3 months?
    I think that would be very optimistic, considering how much there is to do and that AFAIK nobody except me is currently working on TVE 3.5.
    I have done nothing about the TVE 3.5 MP1 TV plugin. I don't expect it will "just work" perfectly. As I keep saying: TVE 3.5 + MP1 is not a high priority for me right now. If you all want to have TVE 3.5 working with MP1 then one of you could try and get it working.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    I don't expect it will "just work" perfectly
    we are talking about first test version, so noone expects it to work perfectly from the first test version.
    If you all want to have TVE 3.5 working with MP1 then one of you could try and get it working
    does it make sense BEFORE you can confirm that it can work at all after you finish your planned changes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom