TVE3.5 for MP1 (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    we are talking about first test version, so noone expects it to work perfectly from the first test version.
    Okay, well put it this way: it could take a month of dedicated work to even get the plugin to run in a modified version of MP1. The point is, I don't expect it to be easy, or for it to work particularly well... and I am not willing to invest any time in it right now.

does it make sense BEFORE you can confirm that it can work at all after you finish your planned changes?
    I don't understand the question... but I think there are too many "you" words. Again: I'm not planning to do anything to get TVE 3.5 working in MP1 until I'm happier with TV Server configuration. ;)

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    then i rephrase my question:
    Does it make sense to try to compile MP1 plugin before you will be happy/happier with TV Server config?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Does it make sense to try to compile MP1 plugin before you will be happy/happier with TV Server config?
    You shouldn't have a problem compiling it. The issue is the installation and execution. In other words:
    • which TV Server DLLs have to be present in the MP install directory
    • which TV Server DLLs have to be present in the TV plugin install directory
    • which MP DLLs, EXEs and/or skin files have to be replaced in order for the plugin and configuration to work correctly
    • does the plugin actually work - even in the most basic way - when all the required dependencies are available and replacements have been done
    If you can do this, the next step would be to fix all the bugs and issues you find. If it were me, I'd also try to work towards a situation where zero or very few MP files have to be replaced.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think you'll find the tip of my branch won't compile. Master will. My branch is very different to master now (MP 1.3 in master; MP 1.7.1 in my branch). It's your choice. If you want to use my branch then you probably will have to wait until I push.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Master branch is about 2 years old so you will lost lots of MP1 + TVE3 feature.
    TVE has no nee features due to codefreeze [emoji6] MP1 lost feature will be TV OSD only I think

Do you think there ware not any code changes in MP1 (core) between MP 1.3 and MP 1.12? :(

As I remember the code freeze was later then 1.3.

I think mm branch is better. ;)

EDIT: This branch is 433 commits ahead, 1715 commits behind master

mm branch's: This branch is 1044 commits ahead, 372 commits behind master

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Better or worse it's not compilable so we can't test anything. So master is only choice for us now I think. Since I'm on 1.3.0 currently I hoped testing would be simple for me before I realized mp was changes for tve3.5 too

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    before I realized mp was changes for tve3.5 too
    Yes, this is a big problem.
    IMHO MP1 really needs a way to isolate the TV/radio functions. When the code is built into configuration, it causes nasty issues like this... and it restricts MP1 to be able to use only TV Server for TV support. Well, ARGUS can be used... but they use a very nasty hack which I really don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom