TVgemist 3.0 (1 Viewer)

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yes I am using X-Factor skin, so what you are saying makes sense.
Is there a solution for this?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I THINK it is because skin defined overlays use the #Play.Current.Album tag to determine if it is video or audio playing. Perhaps the TV Gemist streams include an album tag? The only way I found around it was to use MP built-in overlays (musicOverlay.xml and videoOverlay.xml) by setting allowoverlay to yes in the xml. But since I also use skin defined overlays in aMPed, it only enables the media overlay to display properly on the TV Gemist screen, nowhere else!

The MP developers are looking at overlays, and at the player.hasaudio and player.hasvideo visibility conditions, as they are broken. If those worked, then skins could define video vs audio overlays properly. Currently, MP treats all media as both audio and video, I believe this was done to support visualizations (which are video) in music windows. So I doubt it will be an easy or quick fix!

Maybe ask cul8er if he can figure out a solution for x-factor - he has a lot more knowledge/experience than I do! If he does, let me know :)

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Dadeo, first of all let me say that here all works perfect (as you might know from other threads) - I see all videos without stuttering or other weird things.
    Second: the GUI overlays have nothing to do with the manner how streams are interpreted by MP - this is a pure codec related problem.
    The overlays and also the tags (e.g. #Play.Current.Album) are only used to display something on the GUI, the same is valid for the controls "hasAudio", "hasVideo" or "hasMedia". These tags are only used to determine what to display in the small media windows or in any place on the screen.
    BTW: I use Windows7 64Bit, MP 1.1.0 Beta1 and SAF 4.00 Beta 09.
    So i hope I made it clear that the display of videos, streams and related stuff only depend on the correct use of correct codecs and is in no way related to any skin.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Sorry Catavolt, I thought edterbak was referring to the video overlay window, which you don't display in PureVision. That is the problem I was referring to, and had reported in my previous post, not the fullscreen display of TV Gemist, which also works fine for me.

BoGuS

January 2, 2008
    Im running in to the same problem as edterbak.

Just installed Mediaportal 1.1.0 beta on XP(SP3) and when I try to open a stream in tvgemist, the musicplayer is being started.
    I've tried it with and without SAF but it makes no difference.
    Plzzzz....fix this error for me. Tvgemist is one of the best plugins of mediaportal !

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Somewhere along the road I had changed the plugin to play a stream using g_Player.PlayAudioStream() instead of just g_Player.Play(), which is why it's using the 'music player', which is actually to use the VMR7 video renderer instead of VMR9 (more stable for webstreams). It was also a request from people using PureAudio, see this post by Symphy. It should therefore be correct behaviour that the music player is started.

BoGuS

January 2, 2008
    ok...clear. But is there a simple fix for this problem?
    Do I have to install the pure audio plugin ?? (never heard of it...maybe somone can tell me where to find it)

onyx666

Portal Pro
    September 26, 2008
    i am also having the problem that the audioplayer is opened in mp 1.1 beta with saf codec installed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom