TVGemist plugin (3 Viewers)

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Where can I find the source for this plugin? The download in the plugin section only contains the installer.

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm back from my internship in India, therefore I was thinking on picking this up again! Aside from new features, what do you think really needs to be changed/fixed in the next release?

idioteque

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    hi I love the plugin.

thing to do:

* remove Talpa
    * better navigation
    * better/nicer layout when browsing
    * bookmarks
    * favorites
    * nicer first page when choosing between RTL and NOS

bloasfist

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm back from my internship in India, therefore I was thinking on picking this up again! Aside from new features, what do you think really needs to be changed/fixed in the next release?

• When watching a stream from uitzending gemist, and then pause it, the plugin returns to the previous screen after about 3 minutes of displaying the still image. After that you have to reopen the stream and ffd to the point where it was paused to resume watching the stream. I guess it's a stream time-out from the website, but maybe it's not?
    • To have the on-screen display working would be cool (anyone knows if this thing actually works with tv-gemist or is still being worked on?)
    • And, as i mentioned before , support for rtl tv-series would be cool (so thinks VPR...).

kkendall

Portal Pro
    April 24, 2007
    Gouda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

• When watching a stream from uitzending gemist, and then pause it, the plugin returns to the previous screen after about 3 minutes of displaying the still image. After that you have to reopen the stream and ffd to the point where it was paused to resume watching the stream. I guess it's a stream time-out from the website, but maybe it's not?
    • To have the on-screen display working would be cool (anyone knows if this thing actually works with tv-gemist or is still being worked on?)
    • And, as i mentioned before , support for rtl tv-series would be cool (so thinks VPR...).

All agreed! :) I too would like to see the time-out gone and all the osd working in this plugin by default, that would be great.
    The tv-series support would also be a big plus for me (well...my girlfriend, that is...and therefore for me ;) )

Fantastic work so far!! :D

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    - For all you 'gtst' lovers ;): adding series will probably be very easy.
    - About the OSD: OSD will work when you choose to playback web streams using VMR9 (Configuration->General). Of course, I could add some information to it.
    - About the timeout: The plugin does not do anything with the stream; it just extracts them from the site and tells MP to play a found stream when it is selected by a user. Is there any info in the MP log? Does the problem still occur when using VMR9? Nevertheless, I'll try to reproduce this myself and see if I can do something about it.

I agree that the layout should be improved, too, but as you might know this is not one of my strengths :) Some sketches or something would be nice ;)

synthdood

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Welcome back. Hope you had a good time in India!

since I use the PureAudio plugin I would love the fix mentioned by symphy:
    I think it can be fixed by calling g_Player.PlayAudioStream(string strURL, bool isMusicVideo) instead of Play(string strFile). That should prevent MP from linking the webstream to an external player.

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Welcome back. Hope you had a good time in India!

since I use the PureAudio plugin I would love the fix mentioned by symphy:
    I think it can be fixed by calling g_Player.PlayAudioStream(string strURL, bool isMusicVideo) instead of Play(string strFile). That should prevent MP from linking the webstream to an external player.

Sure, no problem :)

moiristo

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2006
    Enschede
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The work so far:

- Added series and films to RTL Gemist. I have tried viewing DRM series or films (everything has DRM, except GTST), which will give you (as in your browser) a popup screen that asks you to call a number. I do not know whether these streams will work when you make call. I hate the fact that DRM makes debugging very expensive :)
    - GTST is offered in 1500 & 800 bps. Most other streams are already broadband when they are 800 bps, so by default, the stream is played as 800bps. In the configuration dialog, you can alter this to play 1500bps instead.
    - Changed filenames of images, settings and skin files. They now all start with tvgemist_. Just to organize, but you can also delete the plugin easier (if you'd really want to, of course :))
    - Removed Tien support
    - Selecting VMR9 indeed doesn't seem to work. this plugin will however give you OSD for seeking in the stream (After install, check it first in the Configuration).
    - g_player.Play(url) > g_player.PlayAudioStream(url, true)

TODO:
    - Debug the timeout problem
    - Improve the UI

I'll probably release the new version tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom