TVGemist plugin (3 Viewers)

martijn189

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
mmm more people are having trouble with playback, we did not change anything related to that in the plugin.

Is there someone with the same problem that solved it, perhaps with codecs, perhaps these users have changed the default player in mediaportal... i am interested in their settings.

martijnr17

Portal Pro
November 15, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I like the old screen with uitzendinggemist, rtlgemist and sbsgemist.
I don't know on which sender the show was but most times i know the broadcaster.

Further of course great update. Looks nice.

martijn189

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
aaahh yes my wife also thinks that the 3 menu options is better, i will try to make it configurable.. D-)

martijn189

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
3 channel menu item things it is then D-), thanks for the feedback. I made some big changes to my development version of the plugin, it does NO longer use a database to store shows or episodes, that means that you always get up-to-date listings.

tom76

Portal Member
May 30, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,
I wanted to thank you for the plugin, it is really helpful! Most of the shows work, but Verborgen gebreken (net 5) en alleen nog een man (net 5) not. There is this circle spinning shortly but then MP crashes.
Thx again !!!

moiristo

Portal Pro
November 17, 2006
Enschede
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hey guys,

I'm glad all is going well :) I hope I can contribute again after I finished my master thesis. I just came up with an idea regarding the main menu. What if you don't have a menu, but go straight to one of the three on startup. On top of the page there will be tabs, much like tabs in your web browser, which you can use to fast switch between the three main sections. I feel most users dislike going back to the main page every time to switch to a different section, that's why I thought this could be a good idea..

martijn189

Portal Pro
October 29, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi moiristo, great to see you back here, hope everything is going to plan with your study. Ofcourse you can contribute again, i would be honered to work besides you on the plugin.

Today i hope to release a test build of the V2 plugin, create the googlecode page and hopefully everything works.... bare with me...

Harmani

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really like this plugin a lot! It is one of the reasons why I, and especially my girlfriend love MediaPortal so much! (Girlfriend agrees about keeping the layout the way it is now btw ;))

Sadly enough I seem to have a major problem/bug/error :( I really hope you guys have the time to look into this, because it's driving me crazy!

The problem started out like this: For the third time in about 5 months, I was unable to start up MediaPortal. I had no clue about what could be causing this problem. For a more detailed description about my problem, please consider reading this topic I opened in 'General Support'.

In short: MP acts like being started, but MP doesn't show up anywhere. Not on the screen, not on the taskbar, not in the systray... The only option left is killing the mediaportal.exe process from 'Windows Task Manager'.

I didn't want to do a complete reinstall this third time, so i decided to dig a bit deeper into the problem. At an enlightened moment i decided to disable ALL plugins from config. And eureka, MediaPortal started up normally. While switching on all the plugins again one by one, I figured out TVgemist was causing my problem!!!
    Disabling the TVgemist-plugin in config, is the only way to get MP to start up as it should.

I have tried to reinstall the TVgemist plugin (also tried with 2 different (older) versions!). Also tried things like changing skins and emptying the cache folders. But nothing solves the problem?!?! :rolleyes:

I should address that at the time the problem occurs, I have made no obvious changes to either the plugin itself nor the configuration, other plugins, drivers, codecs, operating system or hardware at all.

Do you guys have any clue what could cause this great plugin from me not being able to startup MP? :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom