tvgids.nl & sbs6.nl grabber problems? (1 Viewer)

Pe2RM

Portal Member
October 26, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands

Ruud

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 5, 2004
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Bram,

1. I can't import any guide data somehow. I don't think it's related to the xml files you've posted.
    MP tells me after a import that 28 channels have been add but that no guide data could be found. When I open the tvguide.xml the guide data DOES exist.
    I have that sometimes as well, very strange, never found the root cause of this.... always works after a new download / clean-up

2. And can anyone tell me how I can move WebEPG to a different location? I'd like to have it on another driver so I won't have to configure it after every uninstall o windows reinstall.
    copy the files specified in this wiki page WebEPG_Files: works like a charm on my TV server setup.

3. Is it possible to use WebEPG without having to install MP. I only use the TV-server.
    See 2. ;)

Regards,
    Ruud.

SNUF

Portal Member
    March 15, 2005
    tvgids.nl

hello,

where can i find the tvgids.nl grabber because webepg which i use now isn't working also

thx

snuf

SNUF

Portal Member
    March 15, 2005
    hello,

where can i find the tvgids.nl grabber because webepg which i use now isn't working also

thx

snuf

Did you actually read this thread ?

hello,

i read the thread but don't now what to do with the added file

normally i use webepg-conf.exe to configure the epg

edit:

i think i found it, copy the file to C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\WebEPG\grabbers\NL

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    Hoi Bram,

I have the experience that a lot of EPG related issues can be solved by simply deleting/renaming the TV database (\database\TVDatabaseV21.db3).
    Today I also solved "your " problem with this (and later on I fixed a persistant time-offset with this). Anyway this "lim" always grows back after it is cut off so there is no harm trying this ;-)

1. I can't import any guide data somehow. I don't think it's related to the xml files you've posted.
    MP tells me after a import that 28 channels have been add but that no guide data could be found. When I open the tvguide.xml the guide data DOES exist.

Hi All,

I am beginning to remember why I was not using WebEPG anymore (besides the update speed).
    Does anyone know how to use this "www.tvgids.nl" grabber AND also include "comedy central" in some (other) way? Is there maybe some ancient reference to use like with using 'talpa' for RTL8?

PS I realy hope that the SAINTS at "http://xmltv.assies.info/" can fix their dutch tv pre-fetched grabs soon!!! It appear they have the same problems because their last update was Oct-13th.
    They provide such a briliant service that I am surprised that not more similar pre-fetch sites can be found! Or am I not looking good enough??

Cheers,
    Ronald

Pe2RM

Portal Member
    October 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am beginning to remember why I was not using WebEPG anymore (besides the update speed).
    Does anyone know how to use this "www.tvgids.nl" grabber AND also include "comedy central" in some (other) way? Is there maybe some ancient reference to use like with using 'talpa' for RTL8?

Just like "Talpa" versus "RTL 8" is the siteId (91) "Comedy Central" the former "The Box".
    As i stated here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/webepg-136/tvgids-nl-sbs6-nl-grabber-problems-46684/#post316875 ".\WebEPG\channels\channels.xml" has to be updated to correct those ancient items.

Maybe someone is willing to make list of updates for channels.xml which can be included by the developer.

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the help. I'm afraid renaming the database file didn't solve my problem.
    It would be really nice if Index of / would work again. I've left a message in the blog since I don't know any other way of contacting the creator of the service. Hopefully he'll read it.

Another way to fix it would be to write such a service ourselves. If anyone could write a app that gets the data from TVgids.nl, the files could be uploaded to a google-code page. I could write a little app for downloading and extracting the file on a schedule. Uploading to google code could be done automatically by using the svn functionality google-code offers, I think.

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have a question of a different nature. I am trying to get the tvguide.xml file into MP. Somehow I can't get the new data into mp on a daily basis. I am not using webepg or the plugin described here.

This is my second question....why isn't anybody using mc2xml? It is a plugin that can use the data from the microsoft site, which has data for 10 days or so, instead of 3 days on tvgids.nl. I mean this as a serious question, as the tool is very fast, it has all data in a few seconds.

Can these plugins described here work with a xml file that is already present on the pc? So no downloading required, just writing the new data to MP?

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanks for the help. I'm afraid renaming the database file didn't solve my problem.
    It would be really nice if Index of / would work again. I've left a message in the blog since I don't know any other way of contacting the creator of the service. Hopefully he'll read it.

Another way to fix it would be to write such a service ourselves. If anyone could write a app that gets the data from TVgids.nl, the files could be uploaded to a google-code page. I could write a little app for downloading and extracting the file on a schedule. Uploading to google code could be done automatically by using the svn functionality google-code offers, I think.

I've had a response from the guy who offers the tvgids.nl xml files at xmltv.assies.info .
    He's working on it, but the data probably won't be gathered from tvgids.nl anymore because tvgids.nl is actively trying to stop grabbers from gathering data from the website. tvgids.nl isn't supported by xmltv anymore either.

I've suggested to have a look at mc2xml , which looks very promising if you'd ask me! I've succesfully downloaded guide data for 10 days without any struggling. But the TVserver isn't accepting the tvguide.xml file so it seems.

Thanks for the suggestion henk99. I think we can do something with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom