tvgids.nl & sbs6.nl grabber problems? (1 Viewer)

thedisciple

Portal Member
November 27, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Also same problems for me, tried mc2xml because everything else failed but went back to xmltv.assies.info. It is now only 2 days ahead and there are no descriptions, but it works. For some strange reason webEPG doesn't work om my HTPC. I only get a clean tvguide, and that's of course not what i want. Hopefully in the future mc2xml gets better, because it looks very promising.

Topstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 28, 2008
    Arnemuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I still keep the mc2xlm option seems to me when your're getting an empty ned1-3 your tvguid.xml is outdated.
    Use the option -o Ronald2oo2 mentioned did the trick for me.

because mc2xml is a M$ sollution I think it 'll be more stable, also usable worldwide!

I still wonder why it isn't used as a standard MP sollution, perhaps it doesn't work in vista?

Subigo

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Hmm.
    have been using MC2XML for a bit now, but it seems that all info for SBS6 vanished.
    I cant find any program info whatsoever.
    It will add the channel but 0 programs.

Anyone with the same problem ?

btw, i tried the MC2XML with all 8 options listed when you use postal code 0000. none of the generated xml files have any program info for SBS 6.

thedisciple

Portal Member
    November 27, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oke, so now i work completly different. I went back, as i said earlier, to Amontillado's tvgrabber. But after a few days it only EPG data for one day. So once agian a got a lot of recordings saying MANUAL, it gets boring. So again i tried mc2xml, but it only gets full data for 4 channnels, the other channels don't get updated for some strange reaseon. I gave up, and now installed TVXB. And yes, i got EPG data for 5 days in advance now. Finally

The only downside; there aren't any program descriptions (or details), but i don't care about that. I want a EPG that is consistent and at least 3 days ahead, and this does the trick! I AM HAPPY!!!

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    no data available

Hi guys, I was using webEPG for quite some time but recently the grabbers for teveblad and humo (belgium) don't work anymore since they have modified their stuff.
    User 'Furetto' pointed me to mc2xml and it works now except for a few channels: the information for those channels is in the xml file and I have mapped them but nothing appears in the guide.

I have done this process multiple times from scratch but the results remain the same.
    Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong or how to troubleshoot this?

TIA
    P2

Subigo

Portal Member
    November 6, 2008
    Hi guys, I was using webEPG for quite some time but recently the grabbers for teveblad and humo (belgium) don't work anymore since they have modified their stuff.
    User 'Furetto' pointed me to mc2xml and it works now except for a few channels: the information for those channels is in the xml file and I have mapped them but nothing appears in the guide.

I have done this process multiple times from scratch but the results remain the same.
    Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong or how to troubleshoot this?

TIA
    P2

Open the XML that mc2xml creates and do a search for the channel name.
    right next to the channel name is the a big number, something like I77.23313 copy paste that number and search the xml for that number.

It could very well be that the channel is listed, but that there is no program data at all.
    If this is the case you can try downloading the epg from another option in the menu and see if that helps. (different zip code)

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hi Subigo, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for shedding a light and you are right: those channels are listed but there are no details.
    I tried all the lineup's but there's only one that comes close to what I need and I also tried a few zipcodes but that doesn't seem to change anything.
    One of the channels is a local station so I tried a few zipcodes in the area but none of them would present me the guide for that channel, which I find strange.

Anyway, now at least I know what is wrong.

:D

Jinux

Portal Member
    July 18, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I am getting all crazy with this EPG stuff. Now it stopped working 2 weeks ago, i used epg manager.vbs But thats dead now.

So i got to this thread and read it all. I installed the mc2xml stuff. It looked very promising, but :-(

I miss some channels like comedy central and nickelodeon. And also when i import the tvguide xml file, my channels are all fokt up.

It was like this :

Nederland 1
    Nederland 2
    Nederland 3
    RTL 4
    RTL 5
    Net 5
    SBS 6

and so on...

Now it is like this :

488000 Tell Sell
    496000 Discovery Channel
    768000 Ned 1
    784 Ned 3

and so on...

Why is there no nice handy usefull tool for the epg for media portal, that is so simple instead of all these hours of irritating trying to figure out how to get a nice view of the channels.
    ~~~~~
    Also i opened up the tvguide xml file, and i got rid of all the 496000 discovery channel id thingies, and just let the Discovery Channel , channel id stand, took the rest out, of all the channels. That was nice, just missing comedy central and nickeloadon. But when it downloaded the tvguide xml file from micro$aft again, it was same as it was, with 3 or 4 channel id's per channel. With media portal grabbing the 496000 Discovery channel, channel id, instead of the Discover Channel, channel id.
    ~~~~~
    I still have not figure it out, and i gave up, i ll think i do without a guide for now, pitty, but i am getting all crazy over here.

A tool with a nice gui would be nice. Just select what channels and in which order you want them. Now i miss some channels, all these hours for nothing.

H E L P ! ! !

sorry ; '-(

Peter2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Jinux: are you using the tv server?
    In there, you can give a 'name' to each channel which you map to one of those 'cryptic' numbers that you refer to in the XmlTv mapping tab in the plugin section of the tv server.

phusg

Portal Member
    April 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    GrabTvNl working again

GrabTvNl is working again. At least Index of / has today's data. I haven't had any contact with the developer so I don't know how long for.

IMHO GrabTvNl (or something like it) is a better solution than everybody hitting Microsofts servers individually with mc2xml, won't they get eventually get wind of this and throw a spanner in the works for us non-MCE users?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom