MP2 - V2.5 TVMosaic Provider for MP2 (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Context menu on the related EPG entry or schedule offers an option to cancel the recording.
    Not for me, see screenshot 1 below, I did discover that selecting and clicking OK on the "Record Program xxxxx" in the context menu does toggle the recording, i.e. stops recording if it is in progress. From the "Current Schedules" (screenshot 2) recording context menu/ (screenshot 3) the option "Delete single program" also just stops the recording i.e. does not delete the file. None of that is at all intuitive.:confused: For screenshot 1 I believe the text should be changed to say Start/Stop Recording Program xxxxxx or an additional item saying Stop Recording should be added. For screenshot 3 "Delete should be replaced by Stop"
    If you are watching another channel it should offer the options "stop current recording, record this program and stop the other, ...".
    Not seeing that at all see screenshot 4 which is a viewing different channel while recording on another, also with the player controls displayed clicking on the red recording indicator brings up the same context menu.

I think you didn't enter credentials correctly, then the option is not shown. MP2 needs full access to the share.
    Can you elaborate? The TV Mosaic folder is located on a different internal disk but all on the same PC as the MP2 single seat install. There does not appear to be any option to change anything for the TV Mosaic share. The same disk was used in the past for the standard MP2 recordings folder.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      280 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      223.6 KB
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      148.6 KB
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      111.8 KB
    Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not for me, see screenshot 1 below, I did discover that selecting and clicking OK on the "Record Program xxxxx" in the context menu does toggle the recording, i.e. stops recording if it is in progress.
    Then this is something to be changed. When a recording is running there should be always a "stop recording" and a dialog to select which recording (in case <1 is running).

From the "Current Schedules" (screenshot 2) recording context menu/ (screenshot 3) the option "Delete single program" also just stops the recording i.e. does not delete the file
    This is correct. If a schedule is deleted after a file was recorded or while a recording is running, the file should not be deleted! Imagine you record something and the part, that was importat passed and you remove the schedule. I'd be anry, if a SW deletes a file, if the option doesn't say so.

None of that is at all intuitive.:confused:
    That's what I say since years. And you see something improved a lot. 2 Years before it was a total mess and absolutely user-unfriendly, if you ask me. There is a big work package "TV-rework" I'm working on with @henso. Most things are addressed and partly improved, but currently he is busy, so it takes more than.

For screenshot 1 I believe the text should be changed to say Start/Stop Recording Program xxxxxx or an additional item saying Stop Recording should be added. For screenshot 3 "Delete should be replaced by Stop"
    Delete should not be changed by Stop, these are two different options "Delete schedule" vs. "Stop recording"

Can you elaborate? The TV Mosaic folder is located on a different internal disk but all on the same PC as the MP2 single seat install. There does not appear to be any option to change anything for the TV Mosaic share. The same disk was used in the past for the standard MP2 recordings folder.
    For TVMosaic you the recordings are added by a share (Brownard added this to allow an auto import), so you can not directly compare it with TVE recording folders. A share needs credentials (see wiki).
    In case you have no password, activate credentials anyway and lease the entry fields empty.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Delete should not be changed by Stop, these are two different options "Delete schedule" vs. "Stop recording"
    This is correct. If a schedule is deleted after a file was recorded or while a recording is running, the file should not be deleted! Imagine you record something and the part, that was importat passed and you remove the schedule. I'd be anry, if a SW deletes a file, if the option doesn't say so.

Agree with you that the recorded file should not actually be deleted but the wording ("Delete single program") is so prone to misunderstanding, it needs to be much clearer, i.e. simply stop this recording or delete the schedule for this recording (which is much clumsier)!

A share needs credentials (see wiki).
    In case you have no password, activate credentials anyway and lease the entry fields empty.
    Tried that as per the sceenshots below but no change, same if I enter the admin account and password or user account and password. I also tried uninstalling TV Mosaic and reinstalling on the C: disk but also no change, although tuner scans and old recordings were retained despite deleting the install folder on the other disk, so seems much of TV Mosaic was not stored in an optional install folder. The problem is also unchanged if MP2 is run from the admin account!

There is a big work package "TV-rework" I'm working on with @henso. Most things are addressed and partly improved, but currently he is busy, so it takes more than.
    Good to hear but BTW the wiki pages you linked to no longer reflect the current state of MP2 but I guess that is something else that requires a major improvement.:eek:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      94.7 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      118.3 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the above on the
    A share needs credentials (see wiki).

it is not only recording that I cannot get an option to delete it is also videos, and movies but no problem with music! I have now uninstalled the TV Mosaic version and installed MP 2.4 release version, scanned the tuners and set up timeshift and recording folders, added the exact same shares as per in the TV Mosaic version without doing anything with credentials and now I do get the delete from storage option everywhere also in addition I do get an option to stop a recording in progress from the epg, and can delete the recording from storage see sceenshots below.
    Online videos is also included.;)
    Looks like there is a bunch of bugs in the TV Mosaic version that are not just confined to TV.:(

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      250.2 KB
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      136.9 KB

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @joecrow the TvMosaic shares work slightly differently, they aren't actually accessed directly on the disk but rather the "files" are navigated and returned through the TvMosaic API and I haven't (yet) implemented the delete API, though I think it does exist. This also means that you don't need to worry about share credentials, etc. I'm not in front of the code at the mo but I expect the client is correctly detecting that the files don't implement delete and therefore the delete option isn't shown.
    EDIT: I just reread and realised you are also missing the delete options for other media too which I'll need to investigate.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need to correct myself: I do see the "Delete from storage options" only for recordings made with TVE3 and other files with server and client from the TVMosaic branch, but I do not see it for recordings in the TVMosaic share. So it seems to be not a systematic problem. I'm unsure what makes the difference for other videos, at least we know now it's not about the credentials.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to hear but BTW the wiki pages you linked to no longer reflect the current state of MP2 but I guess that is something else that requires a major improvement.:eek:
    Yeah, hopefully somebody is willing to do that. I won't because besides release activities and texts, design, testing, user support ... I do not want to go into documentation stuff deeper. I changed already a lot in wiki and honestly it's a bit frustrating to do it alone :(

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I do not want to go into documentation stuff deeper. I changed already a lot in wiki and honestly it's a bit frustrating to do it alone :(
    I know what you mean, I have done some stuff for MP1. Once this and the new installer are up and running I will take a look and see what I can do to document these significant changes in the wiki.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @joecrow I have now implemented deleting TvMosaic recording files. I cannot reproduce the missing delete option for other media though, that seems to be present and correct here.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @joecrow I have now implemented deleting TvMosaic recording files. I cannot reproduce the missing delete option for other media though, that seems to be present and correct here.
    I would very much like to test that when possible any chance of a download?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom