TVNZ On Demand (please help :)) (2 Viewers)

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Bleazle,

I did use the method you described using zinc before and it worked quite well but the integration caused a lot of issues
    with my setup so eventually stopped using it

You had to use a mouse to change stream quality / switch to full screen / close zinc and it gave me a lot of focus issues.
    Also i I remember there was not a lot of customisation so you ended up with a lot of channels that you couldn't use / remove
    from the main screen. It was OK, but not ideal as i had to run both zinc and online videos plugin to get everything i needed

The MP online videos plugin allows full customisation of your required channels, full remote support and also keeps the layout inline with the MP skin you have for cosmetic reasons. Shows play with one press and go full speed / full screen automatically. It also gives you an option to download videos and has a wider range of channels so only need the one plugin for all your online video needs.

Doskabouter has done a great job at integrating TVNZ ondemand into the plugin and it's working great apart from a few international shows.

Give it a go and see what you think :)

cheers

DD:)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    does that MyZinc show the international ones?

I'm having a bit of a hard time getting those to work, it's some kind of non-standard rtmp link, which turns out to look more like a rtmpe than rtmp

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes they work,

But Zinc in just an external app that uses a menu system from the RSS feeds, then
    lauches the relevant shows TVNZ Page in a webbrowser in the same way
    as closing MP and launching it in IE would.

Once the page opens, the show starts, but you then need to use a mouse to change the video quality setting
    and launch the video into full screen and navigation / closing was tricky when i tried it

But using Zinc may be the only way to get these to work if they cannot be integrated into Online videos.

Unfortunate, but not an entire loss IMO as the international shows I watch are either set on series-link
    from the TV tuners to be recorded anyway or can be watched via other methods such as the watchtv series plugin
    or downloaded if missed or forgotton. where if you miss or forget to record a kiwi show, TVNZ on Demand is your only option.

Bleazle - maybe you can run through how to set up Zinc again for those that need it so they can test it out to see.
    Tried looking at your last thread but can't find the RSS links page you mention for the various sections

cheers

DD:)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sounds like Online Videos is the way to go if you're able to get the codecs sorted. I'm not keen on throwing heaps of codecs at my new system though.

For anyone wanting to try Zinc (you do need a keyboard to be able to use it) basically all you do is download& install it, install the MP plugin (I haven't tried it with RC4 but it worked with RC3) and you're away.

Zinc: Zinc.TV | The Free Internet Video Browser

Zinc Plugin: MEDIAPORTAL - free media center - My Zinc

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'm still curious if it's working now, so could someone please confirm it working XOR post log-files?

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi doskabouter
    Here is the mediaportal.log file.
    I started MP, went to onlinevideos.
    Selected TVNZ ondemand
    selected "C"
    tried to play "cold case" twice (failed)
    played country calandar as an example of one that works.

Hope the logs help :)

BTW, I have done many refreshes, and now I find that the listing A through Z appears 3 times. Only the last group actually has any content. Just letting you know, the playing of the video stream is more important. perhaps its just something Ive messed up.

Let me know if you want any more info

Thanks again for all your help

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi doskabouter
    Here is the mediaportal.log file.
    I started MP, went to onlinevideos.
    Selected TVNZ ondemand
    selected "C"
    tried to play "cold case" twice (failed)
    played country calandar as an example of one that works.

Hope the logs help :)

BTW, I have done many refreshes, and now I find that the listing A through Z appears 3 times. Only the last group actually has any content. Just letting you know, the playing of the video stream is more important. perhaps its just something Ive messed up.

Let me know if you want any more info

Thanks again for all your help

Well, it seems that there are some really strange things going on, at your end.
    At first glance they are not the things I've seen here, so I have to dig some deeper in here, trying to reproduce the stuff I've seen in the log.

Has anyone there has similar problems as kiwi? (F.e. multiple A-Z ranges?, and those http://127.0.0.1:30006/-1/127.0.0.1/stream.flv?rtmpurl=... links?)

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi doskabouter

I think my main HTPC online videos has some serious corruption - I see a rebuild coming up :-(

These are the logs I got from another client - hopefully these will make more sense. I tried a couple of clips that didnt work, and then one that I know works.

I think its so close.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom