TVNZ On Demand (please help :)) (4 Viewers)

vinneh

Portal Member
February 5, 2010
i dont know if this is useful but i was reading their site trying to find out why police ten 7 doesnt seem to be getting updated, and read this in the faq :
Do videos on TVNZ Ondemand pre-download before I start watching?
TVNZ Ondemand uses two different types of servers to deliver our video. One server hosts our local content and some international content, and another hosts our premium international content.

Local content is stored on a server that will pre-download content just like YouTube, so if you pause the video, it will continue downloading the rest of the chapter.

Most international content is stored on a more secure, encrypted server, and does not pre-download. Instead, video on this server streams as you watch, downloading a 5 second advance buffer.
perhaps this "encryption" lol is what is causing it to not work correctly for international content.

although it seems this thread has kinda died anyway.

ill be happy to post some logs if their useful but otherwise im happy with it the way its working, would be real keen to see a similar implementation for tv3ondemand TV3 - TV, or instructions on how to add it manually if that is possible :)

once again, thanks doskabouter for all the great work you have done for us :D

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It surely isn't dead:
    I've asked our rtmpe-expert (hioctane) to take a look at it, maybe he will get a solution for the foreign videos...

sPiel

Portal Pro
    January 5, 2010
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    perhaps this "encryption" lol is what is causing it to not work correctly for international content.

although it seems this thread has kinda died anyway.

ill be happy to post some logs if their useful but otherwise im happy with it the way its working, would be real keen to see a similar implementation for tv3ondemand TV3 - TV, or instructions on how to add it manually if that is possible :)

once again, thanks doskabouter for all the great work you have done for us :D

I Agree, TV3 On Demand would really bring the W.A.F to previously unknown heights!

And yes, thank you so much to those involved with getting this to work, really awesome people.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I Agree, TV3 On Demand would really bring the W.A.F to previously unknown heights!

And yes, thank you so much to those involved with getting this to work, really awesome people.

As usual the link you provide (TV3 - TV) is a bit of a messy page for me.
    What videos do you expect in the list? Those 3 featured videos, 12 latest, 12 expiring soon and 12 most watched?
    Or the list here? Or should I get them elsewhere?

Also, if I know which site(s) to scrape, I need digidog to turn on his vpn again, because this one is also ip-restricted.

vinneh

Portal Member
    February 5, 2010
    yeah TV3 - TV just whats on that page would be great, it really is messy isnt it :( i dont know why people have to go to so much trouble to overcomplicate and obfuscate content :(

anyway doskabouter, , i have about 900kilobit (70-80K/sec) upload on my dsl, if thats enough bandwidth for you id be happy to give you an rdp acct on my httpc, or if its easier to have a proxy if someone wants to tell me how to set it up for you i dont mind..

unfortunately i suspect we will l hit the same sort of problem we face with the tvnz ondemand with the protected content...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I will try to get to this one, although I can't promise anything. Still struggling with a fresh install of windows+mediaportal 1.1, and we all know what happens if the WAF goes down...
    In the mean time: maybe digidog has a few pointers on how to setup a vpn

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Sorry Doskabouter

Been on Holiday for over a month and laptop serving the VPN came with me
    so it's been out of action.

Back in NZ and checking forum there has been a lot of things happening with
    MP 1.1 finalised etc, so gonna sort out my machine and check out stuff i've missed

However VPN is back on for you to use to check out any NZ stuff,
    let me know if you have any problems accessing.

cheers

DD

digidog

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is this still working for anyone ?

Just tried it since i've come back and can't get anything coming up when i
    select TVNZ On demand. Doesn't even show the A-Z folders anymore.

Could be something with my setup however as i've just upgraded to 1.1 final and
    StreamedMP and it has broken a lot of things but testing the other online videos
    they all work fine so i'm assuming TVNZ have changed their site again which is
    preventing the plugin from working :(

will do some more tests and post debug logs.

cheers

DD

Quarter

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 21, 2010
    Queenstown
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is this still working for anyone ?

Just tried it since i've come back and can't get anything coming up when i
    select TVNZ On demand. Doesn't even show the A-Z folders anymore.

Could be something with my setup however as i've just upgraded to 1.1 final and
    StreamedMP and it has broken a lot of things but testing the other online videos
    they all work fine so i'm assuming TVNZ have changed their site again which is
    preventing the plugin from working :(

will do some more tests and post debug logs.

cheers

DD

Its not working here either and they have changed the site so that's it I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom