TVPlugin and MP dont have the same version (2 Viewers)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    jup ... i was already busy doing the same.. thanks for the acknowledgement

for other people having the same problem, find attached tvplugin.dll to save you some time :D

I'm having the same problem with 1.1.3 and couldn't get a match by searching for a similar solution. Would it be possible for someone to include the 1.1.3 tvplugin.dll here. It would save me a bit of hassle doing an uninstall and fresh install. :D

Just go into SetupTV and manually stop the TV service. Then run the 1.1.3 update again.

Mark

Muffsack

Portal Pro
    June 24, 2005
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TVPlugin and MP dont have the same version

...for the people, who have the same problem like me and the reinstall with stopped tvservice doesn't work:

Here's the tvplugin.dll from MePo 1.1.3:

Attachments

• TvPlugin_MediaPortal_1.1.3.zip
      153 KB

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just go into SetupTV and manually stop the TV service. Then run the 1.1.3 update again.

Thanks for that but, as above, it didn't work for me. It was going to be a complete uninstall and reinstall for the sake of the dll. Downloading the dll was a quick and easy fix that worked.

Whatever caused this bug in the 1.1.2 upgrade install is obviously persisting.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Thanks for that but, as above, it didn't work for me. It was going to be a complete uninstall and reinstall for the sake of the dll. Downloading the dll was a quick and easy fix that worked.

Actually it is not a general issue. i.e. after countless upgrade tests, I was never able to reproduce this issue.

But 1.2.0 will include a codechange that fixes the problem.

ferzal

Portal Member
    December 5, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

Actually it is not a general issue. i.e. after countless upgrade tests, I was never able to reproduce this issue.

But 1.2.0 will include a codechange that fixes the problem.

Yeah fair call. I upgraded 3 installs here. One had the issue. Two didn't. The one that did is the TV server but also runs quite a few other customisations the others don't so there are a lot of variables.

I realise, now, I could have got the dll from on of the two successful installs but I hadn't tried to upgrade them at the time of my first post.

I guess it's not worth tracking down the error if it's so rare with 1.2 on the way.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I guess it's not worth tracking down the error if it's so rare with 1.2 on the way.
    We want that issue fixed, even if it just occurs in 1% of all upgrades.
    1.2.0 Beta will contain a codechange which might allready fixes it, yet this will require testing. And we are stil trying to find a way to ensure that all files were updated.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    We want that issue fixed, even if it just occurs in 1% of all upgrades.
    1.2.0 Beta will contain a codechange which might allready fixes it, yet this will require testing. And we are stil trying to find a way to ensure that all files were updated.

To add to this, the code change that should fix this was committed to SVN 74 days ago, and many team members have installed SVN test versions since then (I have probably updated my server 50 times since that commit!). I have not seen a single error since that commit, and have seen no reports of problems apart from one team member this week.

I think we can be confident that this is fixed for 99% of cases.

Mark

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I think we can be confident that this is fixed for 99% of cases.
    Hopefully.
    The 1.2.0 beta release should tell us more.

In the meantime, we will try to fix that remaining 1% and maybe get some proper filechecks pre and post the upgradeprocess in place.

Luke Roberts

Portal Pro
    August 23, 2007
    IJmuiden
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same happened here on my Windows 7 (32bit) MP 1.1.2 -> 1.1.3 update.
    Manually replacing the TVserver plugin did the trick.

Cheers,
    Luke

chewbacca

Portal Member
    August 12, 2009
    Home Country
    France France
    I think there is still a problem in the upgrade process of tv server. I just upgraded from 1.2.1 to 1.2.3 and when I started MP, it said to me that MP was 1.2.3 and tv server 1.2.1
    Tried the tvplugin.dll workaround after extracting it from the install package : no more error but tv and radio won't start in MP...
    Fixed by reinstalling tv server and client using the package contained into the installer

bug report here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-server-upgrade.107420/

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom