TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (3 Viewers)

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    All good. Not sure if it was a reboot that fixed it, but after rebooting the mediaportal.xml was on the client.

Interestingly, with 4TheRecord installed, there is the option on the client config for "Use TS file instead of RTSP for live TV (if possible)".

I had this checked and when I was checking mediaportal.log there was no sign of RTSP = false. Unchecking the above option on the client, gotthe log entry.

So would appear that 4TR is also able to avoid RTSP as well.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Attachments

• debugoptions_link.jpg
      debugoptions_link.jpg
      50.5 KB
    • debugoptions.jpg
      debugoptions.jpg
      99.5 KB

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz).

New MP 1.2 Beta will also support comskip in rtsp mode...

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    had some problems with suttering (sometimes) using UNC paths (non-RTSP) on one of my client pc's, after investigating the logs i saw some: "MultiFileReader has error 0x80 in Loop 0. Try to clear SMB Cache", so i tried to disable SMB2 on my w7 64bit client using:
    Code:
    sc config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/nsi
    sc config mrxsmb20 start= disabled
    and rebooted, no more Try to clear SMB Cache messages in the tsreader log, and no stuttering.

EDIT: still some MultiFileReader has error 0x80 in Loop 0. Try to clear SMB Cache, but the occasionally stutter is gone.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    4therecord use unc as well, I think that option is for the next release of FTR (wich will support RTSP).

Yea just an update on this aspect. The new release of 4TR (1.6.0.0) has RTSP support and on the client it seems RTSP is turned on by default for live recordings.

After upgrading noticed my channel changing was suddenly "Choppy", ie you would change channel, screen would flash, go black and then next channel would start.

Back to nirvana again after turning that off in 4TR.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just to bump the thread, but finding in the latest SVN, and before, that when in multiseat, using UNC paths the streaming/zapping is much faster, also find it much more stable than using RTSP streaming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom