TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (1 Viewer)

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Other than that the picture has been smooth and stable so I'm sure RTSP had nothing to do with the previous stuttering problems but the speed increase is worth while

Playing the timeshift file via a UNC path and using RTSP are quite different 'under the hood' (and there are pros and cons for both).

Tony

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just want to say thanks to those that implemented this feature. I've been trying to watch football today on my desktop whilst doing work and it's been unbearable. Every few seconds I'd get a dropped packet. Just tried this UNC mode instead, which was very easy to set up, and now streaming TV and watching recorded TV works perfectly! :)

Are there any downsides to using UNC over RTSP? I notice that there seems to be some stream leak - if I start live TV, then watch some recorded TV, then go back to live TV, then stop it and start it again, I'll have 4 hidden streams running for some reason (as shown by the Network Utilisation in the Resource Monitor). Once it gets near the 100 Mbps limit of my network, I get stuttering and it stops working. The only way I've found to get rid of the latent streams is rebooting the HTPC.

Last edited:

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Looks very interesting solution: FFDSHOW logoaway feature is easier to configure based on a file name for the automatic profile selection. The TS file name is hidden when RTSC is used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom