TVSeries Logos (1 Viewer)

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Really nice and Clean (excuse the pun) :)

LXTR, I'm not sure but I don't think we get the rating with the old interfaces yet, I'll post a logo rule once a version with the new api is out (should be soon).

Mavoc

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Attachments Pending Approval
    File Type: png Thumb_01.png

is the rating going to get rounded or will it come to us with decimal points. since most people rate things from 7-10 and most things then average 8.5-9.5, the thumbs idea while neat might prove somewhat limiting. it might be a huge pain but i would have to prefer 92 different ratings(1.0-10 and unrated) so i can see the differences in the ratings.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Attachments Pending Approval
    File Type: png Thumb_01.png
    Sorry, fixed.

is the rating going to get rounded or will it come to us with decimal points. since most people rate things from 7-10 and most things then average 8.5-9.5, the thumbs idea while neat might prove somewhat limiting. it might be a huge pain but i would have to prefer 92 different ratings(1.0-10 and unrated) so i can see the differences in the ratings.

Looks like they will come with 1 decimal point, so yes, 8.5 for example. We can, however, round things in logo rules (Round(<Episode.Rating>) so it won't be a problem. Of course this also means that if you want to use 92 stars to visualize every decimal difference between 1.0 and 10.0 you can do that. Looking forward to you're idea on how to visualize that in a logo ;-) It might however be more useful to just write out the rating in numbers then, if it makes a difference for you.

Personally I don't care if an episode was rated 7.6 or 8.2 .... it's just to get a general idea what people think of the episode.

FYI: The next version will allow you to rate episodes and series directly from within the plugin. You will thus have you're personal rating, along with the average user's rating from the online db for both series and episodes. Optionally, you will be asked to rate automatically after you have watched an episode you haven't yet rated. This should get lot's of user feedback to the site....and thus back in the plugin and you're database.

I'm also not sure what to write as options to the user yet when they rate.....

1 Star
    2 Stars
    10 Stars
    Make it verbal?
    Perfect
    Suberb
    Great
    Good
    Disaster

What do you guys want? Keep in mind it has to be Text only, no "Star-Sliders" or something like that.

Mavoc

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    i would prefer to make the rating option as similar to theTVDB as possible. so i guess 1-10 star choices.

if i make 92 logos it will definitely be written in numbers(1.0, 1.1 - 9.9, 10, ?). though on second thought, i use the episode subtitle to list the guest stars currently, if the episode.rating field is going to be a simple number then i might just display the absolute rating there. maybe in the MP-II version you could have a short rating field that appears near the title in the description.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    All of what you say can be done as is, so there is no need to wait for the MPII version. All it takes is a tiny skin modification which I'm sure our talented xml gurus can provide.

BTW I forgot to mention in order to submit votings you'll obviously need to register an account at thetvdb.com

Nakaleen

Portal Member
    January 15, 2007
    Home Country
    My head is hurting from all the head banging I have been doing on my keyboard :mad:

I finally worked out how to use logos (wasen't written anywhere and took a lot of searching on the forums to find out.... but I am ranting hehehehe)

But I'll get to the point. I am haveing a lot of trouble with adding a Video and Audio codec logo rule.

Using the template I can add a video codec easy.

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Logos\169 wide black.png;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;>;-;1.7;-;AND;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;<;-;1.85;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Logos\43_1.png;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;>;-;1.3;-;AND;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;<;-;1.5;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Logos\<Episode.VideoCodec>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;

But when I add a Audio Codec to via the Template I get this

Code:
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Logos\169 wide black.png;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;>;-;1.7;-;AND;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;<;-;1.85;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Logos\43_1.png;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;>;-;1.3;-;AND;-;<Episode.VideoAspectRatio>;-;<;-;1.5;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;
    C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Logos\<Episode.VideoCodec>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;

Hmmm so I edit the second VideoCodec line and I get this..

Code:
    thumbs\Logos\<Episode.AudioCodec>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;
    thumbs\Logos\<Episode.AudioCodec>.png;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;AND;-;;-;=;-;;-;

And the endless loops begins. No matter what I enter it effects both lines.

I have even tried to enter them manualy, placing them first and last, entering them in a text file and importing them. I have tried everything under the sun but whenever <Epsiode.VideoCodec> and <Episode.AudioCodec> is used they overwrite each other.

BTW: I am using version 1.2.9.34660 of TV Series with the Monochrome 1.5 skin.

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Additional Icons

Thought I'd add a couple, as the MyTVSeries plugin complained they were missing.
    Only created in the black/silver with Glass effect...

Mavoc

Portal Pro
    October 8, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Home Country
    theTVDB has started using a standardized list for the genres. i have gathered about half of them but some are still missing.

Missing Genre Logos:
    Children
    Documentary
    Game Show
    Home and Garden
    Mini-Series
    News
    Special Interest
    Sport
    Talk Show
    Western

the attached zip contains the other Genres plus a few extra that may be added to theTVDB list. lets see if we can get logos for all the missing genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom