[confirm] tvservice dying very often (1 Viewer)

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Ok Morpheus... TVService crashed again this morning.

However, like the last couple of posts, channel change is indeed faster than before.

Anyway, here are my logs.

Cheers

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Any news on this ??
    Happened again this morning....

***UPDATE***

Did some testing with this in order to replicate.. could not do so.

See, it occured to me that the problem mostly happens first thing in the morning when waking up the server from suspend mode.
    Anyway, in an attempt to find out, i put my server into suspend manually and then woke it up manually.
    However, i can sit there and do this for hours on end ( suspend -> wakeup -> suspend -> wakeup... etc ) and the TVService never crashes.

Problems lies elsewhere....

Hope this info helps...

Cheers

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Would it be fair to say that with morpheus's fix, vvulture is the only one still having problems?

Based on information in another thread, vvulture is using an unsupported server OS. While it is _possible_ that his crash is unrelated to the unsupported OS, I would say that the limited developer time might be better deployed elsewhere.

Sorry vvulture, but as I commented in the other thread, unsupported OS's are unsupported for a reason - things do not work!

Best regards,

Mark

dingo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 2, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi. My tvservice has been fine since morpheus fix :D or at least it has not died after that .. Great!

- dingo

naich

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Would it be fair to say that with morpheus's fix, vvulture is the only one still having problems?

Hi Eliottmc!

Unfortunately not. I've also random server crashes (SERVER os xp PROF). But I can't find out, how to reproduce it. Next time the server crashes, I'll post the logs here. The server is still alive, but there's no timeshifting possible anymore. If I restart tvservice then, all works as it should.

It happens mostly in the morning (but sometimes also while switching from one channel to another). On client side I get the error message "can't stream 3.xxx". I'm not sure if this is the same error. Read it on several post here in the forum.

cu

vvulture

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi,

Based on information in another thread, vvulture is using an unsupported server OS. While it is _possible_ that his crash is unrelated to the unsupported OS, I would say that the limited developer time might be better deployed elsewhere.

Sorry vvulture, but as I commented in the other thread, unsupported OS's are unsupported for a reason - things do not work!

Best regards,

Mark

Thanks for that personal attack there elliot. Very mature and professional.... Please point me to a thread where i did that to you.
    Please note that morpheus did not release a "fix", but rather something for me to try which did not work. I reported back to him with my results and was never heard of again...
    Also, my issue is different to the OP, which morpheus himself confirmed and it happened to him also ! ( read all the posts properly ).

Now, i don't want to get into an argument with all you devs... I have utmost respect for the hard work you guys put in, and the last thing i want to do is upset you guys...

Hi Eliottmc!

Unfortunately not. I've also random server crashes (SERVER os xp PROF). But I can't find out, how to reproduce it. Next time the server crashes, I'll post the logs here. The server is still alive, but there's no timeshifting possible anymore. If I restart tvservice then, all works as it should.

It happens mostly in the morning (but sometimes also while switching from one channel to another). On client side I get the error message "can't stream 3.xxx". I'm not sure if this is the same error. Read it on several post here in the forum.

cu

:) :) :) :)

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Almere
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Best regards,

Mark

Thanks for that personal attack there elliot. Very mature and professional.... Please point me to a thread where i did that to you.
    Please note that morpheus did not release a "fix", but rather something for me to try which did not work. I reported back to him with my results and was never heard of again...
    Also, my issue is different to the OP, which morpheus himself confirmed and it happened to him also ! ( read all the posts properly ).

Now, i don't want to get into an argument with all you devs... I have utmost respect for the hard work you guys put in, and the last thing i want to do is upset you guys...

I am sorry you interpret this as a personal attack. I can assure you that it is not. I do not know you, so there is no possible reason I could have for any personal attack.

However, the fact remains that you are running the TV service on an unsupported OS. It has already been pointed out to you that this is the case, but you insist that your problems are not caused by the server OS.

Morpheus posted a possible fix, which dingo, the original poster, has reported solves the problem for him. All I am trying to do is establish whether the original problem is solved.

I understand that you are frustrated that mediaportal TV server is not working properly on your system. However, you need to accept that the team made a reasoned decision not to support the server OS's. This is because they are known not to work. If we had unlimited resources, this would hopefully not be an issue, but the MediaPortal team resources are extremely limited and we have to focus support on the OS's that most people are using.

If any individual team members wish to offer you help and support, they are of course free to do so. If this can be confirmed as a MediaPortal bug rather than an OS conflict then of course it will be looked at.

Best regards, and apologies for offending you.

Mark

riksmith

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can't you start a private thread / pm each other with this nonsense? Does not do any good to the issue reported here....

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I really think there is an issue with TVserver and resume. :(

Morpheus, can it be that these post below are related? I hear more and more people talking about hangups and no RTSP TV / view recordings possible after resume (not only controlled by powerscheduler, but allso manually controlled).

And I do use a supported OS....... :D

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rtsp-streaming-doesnt-work-after-sleep-78635/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nnect-stream2-0-multiseat-after-resume-79396/

Hi,

I am sure there is a problem. Arion_p is the powerscheduler guru, and he seems to be looking into the first issue. Tourette has responded in the second thread, so I would say that the team is definitely doing their best to fix it. The best way to help is (within reason) to keep posting logs whenever the problem occurs (especially if they show anything different to other logs). This helps the team identify common factors.

Best wishes,

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom