[TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

I see the following error message everyday after the server is started:
    Code:
    [2013-07-16 07:58:16,326] [Log	] [TVService] [ERROR] - Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.

Does anybody now what is the reason for this and how to solve this issue?

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I think this could happen when you have more than 1 Server in your database. What do you have in your "Server" table of the database. Are These the same Settings than your live System has?
    In your tvservice.log the is an entry with: Controller: local ip address:127.0.0.1 You should update this with your real ip-adress Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.6 and not with localhost.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this could happen when you have more than 1 Server in your database. What do you have in your "Server" table of the database. Are These the same Settings than your live System has?
    In your tvservice.log the is an entry with: Controller: local ip address:127.0.0.1 You should update this with your real ip-adress Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.6 and not with localhost.

I have seen this too.
    I have configured the server as shown in the screenshoots.
    tv-server.png

streaming-server.png

Have I missed something?

Django.edwards

Portal Pro
    October 22, 2009
    Eupen
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    No, this seems to be correct. In your case I would verify if your gentle.config is correct, meens that the 192.168.1.6 or the hostname tv-horst is noted as Server.
    If this is correct, take a look at the table "Server" in your mptvdb. There should be only 1 entry. Also with the correct ip-adress or the hostname. I think that you will have 2 entry. Delete the wrong one.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my gentle.config I see the following:
    Code:
     <DefaultProvider name="MySQL" connectionString="Server=TV-Horst;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=save;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30;" />

The server table hasa the following entry:
    Code:
    SELECT * FROM mptvdb.server;

idServer=1
    isMaster=1
    hostName=192.168.1.6
    rtspPort=554

nothing else

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Issue is this:
    [2013-07-16 07:58:16,264] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:127.0.0.1
    [2013-07-16 07:58:19,462] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.1.6
    Your network adaptor is not loaded completely (or has not been assigned an IP address) when the TV service is starting.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your network adaptor is not loaded completely (or has not been assigned an IP address) when the TV service is starting.

Thx!
    Is this something special with my server?
    Should I leave it as it is?
    Would it not be better to start the servicec after the network is up and running?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If you check the service configuration, the TVService should already depend on the network service and your database service (either MySQL or SQL Server). In other words, the TV service should be waiting for the network to be up already... so maybe it is just the IP address that is the issue.

Does your server have a static IP address? This is very highly recommended... :)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you check the service configuration, the TVService should already depend on the network service and your database service (either MySQL or SQL Server). In other words, the TV service should be waiting for the network to be up already... so maybe it is just the IP address that is the issue.
    The dependencies in the service configurations are there.

Does your server have a static IP address? This is very highly recommended...
    I have done this within the dhcp server (set leasetime to endless)
    I will change this and set the ip directly in the lan interface config within windows.

Does anybody have some experiences with the delayed start option of windows services?
    This could be a solution too if my understanding of this feature is correct ...
    automatic start of a service -> starting during boot process
    automatic (delayed start) -> start shortly after boot

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom