Two folders for movies (2 Viewers)

bruceas

Portal Member
December 10, 2010
Hi, I have movies files on two Hard Disk. With MePo 1 and MovingPictures i can list all movies togheter. How i can do that with MePo 2?
Thanks.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Simply add an additional media source from type "movies" and you will find all your movies listed together in the "movies" section of MP2. You can add as much sources as you like and they all will be listed together in the corresponding module (Movies, Series, Audio, Pictures,...)

bruceas

Portal Member
    December 10, 2010
    Ok it works, but now i have another problem. With Mepo1 i had c:\movies and d:\movies listed under menu "Movies". I had also c:\Documentary with menu voice "Documentary", c:\Cartoons with Menu voice "Cartoons" and so on.

Now all the videos will be listed togheter?

Thanks, bye.

Last edited:

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Documentary and Cartoons are no movies, means they don't have online metadata on TheMovieDB (IMDB)? If yes, the are not listed under movies but under Videos and "Browse Media".
    In "Browse Media" you have separated entries for each media source, no matter if it is Movies, Series, Videos, Audio, Pictures or Games, so Cartoons, Movies1, Movies2 and Documentary are not mixed here. You have the same structure as on the file system. In Videos they are listed together, but you can use different filters to separate them... I have to say, personally I never use "Videos", only "Browse media" for videos that are no movie and no series.

If (some of) your Documentary and Cartoons are listed on TheMovieDB (means they are treated as a Movie) they are listed unter Movies for sure (as they were in Moving Pictures) and as always also on "Browse Media".

At the moment it is not possible to add multiple main menu entries for different movie categories. It probably may change in (near) future, but today it is not possible. This also was something you need to manually add to your used Skin in MP1 and the used plugin had to support it (not all plugins are supporting it, but Moving Pictures do). Like in MovingPictures you can filter different categories in MP2 too, for sure...

bruceas

Portal Member
    December 10, 2010
    "Cartoons" is for "Toy stories 1, 2, 3 4", "Alvin superstar" etc. All movies with online metadata on TheMovieDB (IMDB).
    My children use this subset of all my movies. Now i can do that with streamedMp and Moving Pictures.

I'd like to do the same with MePo2.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As told you can not add this to the main menu today (but I'm sure this will be possible in not that far away future). But you can either use a filter in "Movies" section or use "Browse Media" section, where you have separated entries for Cartoons, Documentaries,...

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi,
    Am I correct that it is still not possible to have a separate entry under Movies for children so that they are only able to see their Animations movies and regular kids movies?

I cannot get filtering to work as there has to be different views from the same HTPC.
    I works great in MP1 with either Moving Pictures where you can setup different entries after you enter Moving Pictures or you can use normal Movies section in MP1 with one folder for the kids and one for regular adult movies.

If I choose "Browse Media" in MP2 the "way in" is too long. First I have to choose "Mediaportal 2 server" and first then I can choose my kids folder or adult folder. The children then don't have the option to use the "coverview" option they so much liked from Moving Pictures in MP1.

If I change to "folder view" it is not possible to separate children and adult movies.

Am I the only one besides Bruceas that have these needs?

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank you for quick reply. I guess I have to put MP2 on hold until this hopefully gets implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread