Two folders for movies (1 Viewer)

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The Jira issue you refer to is not exactly what I'm after. I just want it to be easy for my children to find their "stuff" and for me to find my "stuff". We are not talking about XXX movies or anything. Just an easy way to separate children movies and my movies :) In the filesystem they are already separated.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    We are not talking about XXX movies or anything.
    I was not insinuating that you were targeting such things but simply content not suited for children.

Just an easy way to separate children movies and my movies :)
    Every movie has a category and you can already display/filter your collection by it. So one way would be to have your movie view arranged by category at top level, whcih would then require the user to select the appropriate one, i.e. "children" first and then get into the individual fancy movie view with fanart etc.

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I know you did not insinuate anything - I just thought you misunderstood :)

How do I make sure that my children movies get tagged with "children" so that I can easily filter them out by category? I guess you mean create a new category named "children"?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How do I make sure that my children movies get tagged with "children" so that I can easily filter them out by category?
    Anything identified form TheTvDb will be automatically tagged accordingly. Check out what you have today by seting "Filter by" to "Genre" and have a look at what is displayed. You should see things like Family, Children, etc but also Adventure, Action and much more.
    [/QUOTE]

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I can see the different Genres, and Animation is self explanatory, but its hard to know whether a normal children movie is in Action, Adventure or something else. I really miss a way to categorize all children movies and then put them in a single place.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can see the different Genres, and Animation is self explanatory
    You have not yet understood theunderlying concept: one movie can belong to more than one category. So the same movie can be in Family, Adventure and Children. So switching to Children will most likely give you all children movies.

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I understand the concept and can see a movie in different genres/categories. But the genre with the most entries is Animation (127 movies). The Family is holding 123. There is no "Children" genre. Do you have this genre on your system?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you have this genre on your system?
    The genre information is retrieved from the online categorization. I guess that you should be looking for "Family". I don't have "Children" either but since movbies like "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" are listed under "Family" I believe that this is the closest you will get to.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Personally I don't use genre at all, but if I would use them, I would make .nfo files with a tool like TinyMediaManager where you can define the genre ( s ) any way you like.

Own Filters and Views are a thing to come, hopefully also with the possibility to add them to the main navigation. But this will take it's time...

dazzle

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 26, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Okay - thank you very much both of your for your time. I will give it a shot in "production" in my living room :)

Users who are viewing this thread