UK Digital Terrestrial TV (Freeview) - Channel Order Wrong! (1 Viewer)

slyder

August 13, 2006
Hi,

I'm using Mediaportal 2 in the UK, and have just scanned for Freeview tv stations on my Terratec Cinergy 2400i DT card.

The channel order is all wrong, so i'm stuck using MCE2005 for tv at the moment because it orders the channels correctly.

Could this be corrected?

moviebuff03

Portal Pro
August 17, 2005
London, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
You most certainly can :)

If you go in MP configuration > Television > Channels from there you can select from all the tuned channels and highlight each one and select the move up and move down to order them.

My advice when done is to hit the backup button and it will save the list, along with any recording etc as 'Channellist.xml' If at any stage you need to recall them, simply press the restore button and they will be imported in the order that you defined.

As a side note, you can re-order the Radio stations in the same manner if your card is compatible with DVB radio stations.

Hope that helps!

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    I'm also a UK user of Media Portal, and I too have had the same problem as slyder. The channel order seems to be the order in which they are found during scanning. MCE2005 sorts them in to correct channel order after the scan automatically. There are approx 55 channels detected and to sort them by hand isn't a trivial task. There must be some ID received from the MPEG stream that we can sort the channels by.

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    you'll find that you can order them correctly... but they won't have the correct "channel number".

ie SKY News is channel 82.... but you won't get it by keying 82 on the remote, as MP doesn't support LCN.

you need to key something like 41 to get SKY News.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP supports LCN. Did you disable configuration.exe / television / select channel by index (non-US)? In that case you have to see yourself as US citizens... I know, it's hard, but give it a try. :lol:

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    mPod said:
    MP supports LCN. Did you disable configuration.exe / television / select channel by index (non-US)? In that case you have to see yourself as US citizens... I know, it's hard, but give it a try. :lol:
    that DOESN'T work... i have already had this discussion on the IRC channel.. and i was told quite categorically that MP does NOT support LCN (for UK DVB-T anyway)

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    After a whole lot of digging and debugging source code, I have found the problem. (Sorry if this goes a little technical, I know it's the wrong forum and all.)

LCN (Logical Channel Numbers) are in the NIT (Network Information Table) in one of the Service information streams.

On Line 743 of MPSA.cpp in the MPSA filter the following line exists
    //m_pSections->decodeNITTable(pbData,m_patTable,m_patChannelsCount);

This line is commented out! Removing the comment allowed the LCN numbers to be decoded and for all the Channels to be ordered accordingly. (Sorted!)

Is there a reason for this line to be commented out? Is this unstable code? I'd be more than happy to check this code.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    McGoober

If you can sort this out, you will have a lot of very happy uk citizens thanking you, including myself.:D

Regards

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    McGoober,

I agree with Paranoid Delusion it would be great to get this sorted. If you need a tester let me know.

MC

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom