UK Digital Terrestrial TV (Freeview) - Channel Order Wrong! (3 Viewers)

surfermc

Portal Pro
May 7, 2006
Dorset
Home Country
England England
I have posted the replacement MPSA.ax for testing at...
http://www.mapleson.net/jas/MPSA.ax

Just drop it in your Windows/System32 folder (Renaming the old one) and rescan your channels.

I'm currently running it with MP 0.2.0.4

I have given it a go, re-scanned and the channel order is still the same (I think) as before. It is still in a very strange order that would require manual tweaking.

I to am running MP 0.2.0.4

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have given it a go, re-scanned and the channel order is still the same (I think) as before. It is still in a very strange order that would require manual tweaking.

I to am running MP 0.2.0.4

Have you tried clearing your channel list and rescanning from scratch? I seem to remember I needed to do that before it worked for some reason.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Also the TVDatabase needs to be deleted as well.

Does the MPSA.ax file need to be registered because not working here (edit course its working, would not find channels. been a long 48 hrs), as in finding channels and arranging in old order.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi All

Great work McGoober, works fine on a clean install of 0.2.0.4

Now i do not know if it was the svn that i had installed, that gave me a problem in the first place But now works a treat.

Also as a just in case overwrote the MPSA.ax file in the MP folder, but that had nothing to do with the previous failed attempts.

Now all it needs is for a simple installer (cannot have everyone poking around within windows system files).

Thanks a MILLION.

Regards

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    i can't get it to work.

i had a clean 0.2.0.4 installation... tv never set up.

i copied the file as required and then did a scan... the order is wrong and LCN doesn't work... ie trying channel 80 doesn't bring up News24.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Great to see you got it working Paranoid. Sorry to everyone who is having problems.

Here is another tip to get it working. When MP installs, it registers a number of .ax files. One of these is MPSA.ax. It might be that the path MPSA.ax has been registered with is different to Windows\System32. To check do the following...

Open regedit and search from the top for MPSA.ax. Once regedit has found it, take a look at the path in the (default) key. This is where MP will load MPSA.ax from. Place the new file in this folder (renaming the old one of course).

Hope this helps.

debaser_uk

Portal Pro
    June 15, 2006
    NE Lincs, UK
    Home Country
    Hi,

Thanks for this - I can confirm that this works ok. I unregistered the orignal file, replaced it with your new version, registered it and rebooted. After clearing the channels and re-scanning in config I got the correct channel order (after un-ticking the channel order (non-us) thingy checkbox (can'remember the actual wording).

Basically - good work and thanks for your time in fixing this. But why was that code commented out in the first place? Strange methinks.

Regards,

debaser_uk (debaser being a Pixies song, one of my fave bands of all time)

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    maybe i am expecting too much from this ?

ok.. the channel order is correct..... but LCN channel numbers is still wrong for me!

ie.. when i try to key channel 80 it does NOT go to BBC News 24
    i have to key 47 or something to get it.

does this replacement MPSA file not fix this ?

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Sorry chenks, I wrongly thought this would be fixed once the modified library was installed. I have just tried changing the chanel with the remote on my system and sure enough it doesn't change to the correct channel.

Some more investigation is required me thinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom