UK Digital Terrestrial TV (Freeview) - Channel Order Wrong! (1 Viewer)

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Right, I recon I have a solution.

There is a tick box in the configuration screen called 'Select channel by index (non-US)'. This tick box determines what MP does when entering a channel. So for example if I enter 80 and the box is ticked I get the 80th channel in the list (which doesn't exist in the uk) or if unticked it finds the channel by using the channel numbers retrived during scanning. These can be seen in the MP setup. On my setup I get stupid channel numbers like 4231 for BBC 1.

To fix this I modified the channel scanning code to use the retrived LCN number as the channel number. This meant that by removing the tick in the box (mentioned above) I was able to enter 80 and get BBC News 24.

<tech>
    Open file DVBGraphBase.cs in TVCapture project and jump to line 3950.
    you will see this line
    channel.Sort = LCN;
    Add on the next line this.
    channel.Number = LCN;
    Recompile, rescan, remove the tick in the tick box and your done.
    </tech>

Unfortunatly I'm unable to access a public FTP server at the moment. As soon as I can I'll upload the binary for your enjoyment.

robertbfc

Portal Member
    August 30, 2006
    Presume Mediaportal can somehow do something with all this if we tell the software the scan is being done in the UK. With freeview being free and every man and his dog bringing out boxes with different software, it can't be difficult to code things up for us UK users who will continue to grow as the quality of boxes here gets worse. Obviously the one thing that will be a problem is mheg, the license is extortionate, not sure why they didn;t stick to open standards like the rest of the system.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Okey Dokey. I have a link to the file you need to fix the LCN numbering.

http://www.mapleson.net/jas/TVCapture.zip

Download the above file and unzip it. Put the TVCapture.dll in your MediaPortal installation folder (Renaming the old one). Rescan your channel listing from scratch and hey presto... You should see the LCN numbers in the Channels tab in MP Setup. Make sure the 'Select channel by index (non-US)' tickbox is NOT ticked. Launch MP and you should beable to select a channel using numbers... e.g. 80 is BBC News 24.

NOTE: For this fix to work you must install the MPSA.ax fix, otherwise nothing will happen.

sim1964

Portal Pro
    June 23, 2006
    UK
    Just tried to check this out but when i try to edit capture card to scan for channels I get unable to create graph for this device but if I remove the new TVCapture.dll I can scan fine. Sorry

chenks

Portal Pro
    May 22, 2006
    Scotland
    Home Country
    also didn't work for me

when i clicked on "edit" to scan for channels, MP just crashed out straight away.

replace the original DLL file and it's fine again.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Dam, I just saw the same problem and realized what I did... I have compiled and tested from SVN latest, and I guess there must have been a breaking change go in. I'll try to roll back until I get it working.
    :sorry:

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    Unfortunatly not.

Apparently source code for the patched releases isn't available. This means that I can't produce a binary that is compatable with the 0.2.0.4 release. The only way of you getting the fix is for me to submit this as a patch for possible inclusion in to a later patch of MP (No guarantees there), or for you to run a SVN MP. Either way isn't looking good.

I will work on it some more at the weekend. Hopefully an MP developer will help us out here....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom