UK Digital Terrestrial TV (Freeview) - Channel Order Wrong! (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    McGoober

The link to the modified MPSA.ax, no longer works.

If you need anything testing, am running latest svn so the capture.dll should work for me.

Thanks

Hesse

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2006
    Its not working for me. I'm using an SVN from 9/20. MP hangs on "Starting recorder".

Also, I'm not sure this fix will work in my case. I have a settop box for satellite TV here in the US. I have MP setup for external channels. I can make the channel numbers in the database be correct, but it doesn't change to the correct channel when I press the keys. I'm guessing this is what the updated TVcapture.dll file was for. But it looks like you just changed it for DVB?

Jesse

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah, I see. This is a slightly different problem. The TVCapture.dll replacement, basically sets the channel numbers in the database correctly when working with DVB decoded LCN numbers.

I guess I had assumed you were from the UK when I saw your post.

If the channel numbers are set correctly in MP Setup, all you should need to do is remove the tick from the "Select channel by index (non-US)". If you have already done this then something else is up.

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I've been reading along with the thread to see how this works out. I'm not in the UK. I have directv and the channel numbers jump around a lot (27, 36, 56, 201, etc). This modification would not work for me, correct?

Hesse

Portal Pro
    August 8, 2006
    jburnette,

That is correct. I see the section of the source code that needs to be modified for this to work. It is actually a bug in the EPG module and an oversight in the live tv section. I'm going to finalize the code I think will work and then post to developers and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Jesse

jburnette

Portal Pro
    August 24, 2006
    Kentucky
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    jburnette,

That is correct. I see the section of the source code that needs to be modified for this to work. It is actually a bug in the EPG module and an oversight in the live tv section. I'm going to finalize the code I think will work and then post to developers and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Jesse

Wonderful, wonderful news. Thanks a lot! You know, you really dont realize how nice it is to just be able to type '206' to get to ESPN until you can't do it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom