UK Digital Terrestrial TV (Freeview) - Channel Order Wrong! (1 Viewer)

Hesse

Portal Pro
August 8, 2006
jburnette,

See my post here in the bug report forum:

HTML:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=11141

It lists the source code sections and the modifications necessary. If you are running a recent SVN, I can post the updated WindowPlugins.dll file which allows for correct channel changing.

McGoober: sorry to hijack your thread, I will probably start a new one so people in the U.S. can actually change channels correctly!

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    What happened to this and 0.2.1.0?

Does the .dll and .ax posted aboce work the new version? I was kind of hoping this would make it into release.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was hoping it was going to be in the new release as well. I logged bugs and even tried to get some help on IRC, but no developers seem interested. I have a feeling, although not tested, that the new TV Engine will have this fixed. I have been looking through the code and it looks like it should work.

I'm currently waiting for the Nebula DigiTV duel TV cards to come out so I can setup my multi server backend. Once I have this in place I can give the new TV Server a good testing.

McGoober

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 13, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    Home Country
    True, they promised them end of last year. Although they are saying on their website that if you're going to purchase a master and slave to wait for the duel. Not sure how long they have been saying that for. Probably since last year ;)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    You could almost get 4 tuners for the price of two Nebulas :)

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=483571

Good to see they have changed their software to use the BDA drivers now though, at least you can use their software as well as MP without changing drivers.

I guess i'll have to have a play with the new TV engine when i get some time in a couple of weeks. The lack of LNC is quite annoying, just as well i'm the only one that uses this system etm :)

Doodles

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    What happened to this and 0.2.1.0?

Does the .dll and .ax posted aboce work the new version? I was kind of hoping this would make it into release.

This is my experience with 0.2.1.0, in case it helps.

With 0.2.1.0 installed, I had to do a rescan. The first one gave me the channels in the order found and not in logical channel sequence. I swapped the MPSA.ax in windows\system32 with the one attached to this thread and reran. It worked - the channels were in the right order. I started MP, and it crashed as soon as I clicked My TV. So, I swapped the MPSA.ax file back again, and MP worked fine.

The ability to have channels in their logical order is great - many thanks McGoober. Hopefully your mod to be able to select them by logical number will get into the next release.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom