UK-English Title Problem (1 Viewer)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi rochess,

I've done another full rescan with v4.0.4 of the scraper, all I've mentioned are now showing correctly (thanks!) apart from "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" still shows as just "The Curious Case".

Some new ones, not sure if they were there before and I didn't notice or if they are new ones...

"District 9" shows as "District Nine" [International (alternative spelling) (English title)] AKAs

"Donnie Darko" shows as "Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut" [USA (director's cut)] AKAs

"Empire Records" shows as just "Empire" [(undefined)] AKAs

Ok, I'll have to verify why "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" didn't work. I can also add "alternative spelling)" and "(director's cut)" to the blacklist, but with "(undefined)" we are going to have a problem. There are actually a ton of foreign movies that get the proper English title based on that "(undefined)" entry. Like I stated before, it's a real mess of inconsistency over at imdb.com. Might have to add that one to the default rename database then to compensate for the misshap.

A bit off subject but I've also found a couple of abnormalities, which aren't a huge deal but thought I'd mention it.

First with regard to the option to "Remove Roman numeral from first movie", I have this option turned on but it makes the Godfather and Kill Bill series look odd (see below). Could exceptions be put in place so that if the word before the I is "Part" or "Volume" then it would leave the I in place? (I'm being awkward I know!)

The Godfather: Part
    The Godfather: Part II
    The Godfather: Part III

Kill Bill: Volume
    Kill Bill: Volume II

Nice catch, and yes I'll have to add Part+Volume to the exclusion list of not to strip.

Secondly, I have the 3 "The Girl..." films, I have the setting off to include the foreign title but it still shows after the English, example below:

The Girl I: with the Dragon Tattoo (Män som hatar kvinnor)

...I've just found this in the rename xml, so I guess that's what it's using. Just a thought, could the foreign title (if enabled) be added after the entry in the rename xml and not included in the renamed title?
    Again this isn't a big issue, just another "nice to have" :)

Thanks again for all your hard work, and congrats on the forum!
    :D

That I can't do. The only place I can do the rename database system correct is at the very end, which is why I added those (foreign) parts into the rename system. The only way to correct that if you prefer another format is to copy the entries into your custom rename database and adjust the titles to your liking.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Cheers, good to hear that you can add Part I and Volume I as exceptions, not too bothered about the The Girl... titles having the foreign name at the end, I can easily live with those, just thought it was worth a mention.
    Regarding the AKAs, I'll test again once you've done your magic! It's nearing perfection, well for me anyway :)

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Cheers, good to hear that you can add Part I and Volume I as exceptions, not too bothered about the The Girl... titles having the foreign name at the end, I can easily live with those, just thought it was worth a mention.
    Regarding the AKAs, I'll test again once you've done your magic! It's nearing perfection, well for me anyway :)

All that I could do has been fixed, ty.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Re: IMDb+ Scraper - Movie Scraping on Steroids v4.1.1

IMDb+ scraper-script v4.1.1 is out now....

That is fixed now as well, so "Kill Bill: Volume I" will not turn into "Kill Bill: Volume" when you have the Roman numeral stripping option for first movie enabled.

Hi Rochess I've done a rescan with v4.1.1 unfortunately I've still got issues with The Godfather and Kill Bill, it's now showing as:

The Godfather: Part II
    The Godfather: Part III
    The Godfather: Part

Kill Bill: Volume
    Kill Bill: Volume II

Also a few (not all) that are in a series have the first movie out of order, like the Godfather above, couple of examples:

The Hangover II
    The Hangover

The Matrix II:Reloaded
    The Matrix III: Revolutions
    The Matrix

I'm still using the current/old UK certs turned on if that makes a difference.

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Rochess

Not sure if you'd looked into these but still having the same issue with the following with a full rescan with 4.1.1
    "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "District 9", "Donnie Darko", "Empire Records"

I've also replied separately to the other main thread as I'm still having issues with Kill Bill and The Godfather.
    It it worth for me to change to the new "global_options_english_movie_rating" method for UK certs?

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi Rochess

Not sure if you'd looked into these but still having the same issue with the following with a full rescan with 4.1.1
    "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "District 9", "Donnie Darko", "Empire Records"

I've also replied separately to the other main thread as I'm still having issues with Kill Bill and The Godfather.
    It it worth for me to change to the new "global_options_english_movie_rating" method for UK certs?

I moved the other post in here, the whole reason of having own sub-forum is to keep things nicely organized and all your issues relate to this thread.

Will do more testing on this box with the actual scraper-script, so far I did everything directly from Expresso tool.

I'll get back to ya.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Ok, I only did a quick test with "Kill Bill: Volume I" and "Fantastic Four I".

I sent both back to the importer. And both got imported with their Roman numeral added (the way the system works, as it needs initial import to properly fill in sortby field data).

Then I did a refresh and it resulted in "Fantastic Four" (while retaining sortby value of "fantastic four i" so it still sorts before 2nd movie), and "Kill Bill: Volume I" remained untouched.

So are you sure "IMDb+ Info" shows you have v4.1.1 of the scraper-script installed?

You do need to sent them back to the importer, it's a side effect of the current implementation, as I still need to build an entire self-sustained article-removal system into the IMDb+ plugin and IMDb+ scraper to do it in a single step (which will take more time).

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi,

Not sure what happened in the last scan, I started it within MP. Anyways, I started from scratch, deleted the movingpictures database file, and imported from new. It looks much better now :) (That darn Benjamin Button is no longer an issue!)

I've gone through the list and I only have 2 renaming issues remaining now
    Showing "Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut" (instead of just "Donnie Darko")
    Showing "Empire" (when it should be "Empire Records")

On another note, I curiously seem to have US certifications showing for all movies now instead of UK ones. I noticed it at the moment as I changed back to DefaultWide skin for this rescan and you can see them in the movie list (I used Avalon skin, where the certifications are shown only when you go into show details) Not sure how long this has been happening.

btw I've checked and I still have the British BBFC certs turned on in the plugin

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Hi,

Not sure what happened in the last scan, I started it within MP. Anyways, I started from scratch, deleted the movingpictures database file, and imported from new. It looks much better now :) (That darn Benjamin Button is no longer an issue!)

I've gone through the list and I only have 2 renaming issues remaining now
    Showing "Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut" (instead of just "Donnie Darko")
    Showing "Empire" (when it should be "Empire Records")

On another note, I curiously seem to have US certifications showing for all movies now instead of UK ones. I noticed it at the moment as I changed back to DefaultWide skin for this rescan and you can see them in the movie list (I used Avalon skin, where the certifications are shown only when you go into show details) Not sure how long this has been happening.

btw I've checked and I still have the British BBFC certs turned on in the plugin

Ok, at this point I would like to get a scraper-debug-mode enabled movingpictures.log file from you when you sent Donnie Darko back to the importer (it's that green little bug icon). The "Empire" one I can't do anything about except adding it to the default rename database then, as it has a bad (undefined) entry at imdb.com that messes up my English title detection system.

Scraper-Debug mode:

Open MovingPictures configuration, and go to the "Importer Settings" tab:

FAQ.MovingPictures.1a_Importer.Settings.png

Adjust the radio button to "Manually Manage" the data source scrapers:

FAQ.MovingPictures.1b_Manually.Manage.png

Use the "Movie Details Data Sources" button to open the following:

FAQ.MovingPictures.1c_Movie.Details.Data.Sources.png

Then use the gear icon to select the following option:

FAQ.MovingPictures.1e_Scraper.Enable.Debug.Mode.png

This will activate the scraper debug mode, which you can verify via:
    FAQ.MovingPictures.1f_Scraper.Debug.Enabled.png

Only import *ONE* movie, as log file is an asynchrone nightmare otherwise and zip up your movingpictures.log file to make it easier for attachment to a reply on here.

The log file can be found via: Start Menu -> "Team MediaPortal" -> "MediaPortal" -> "User Files" -> open "log" folder

:D

ibmonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Rochess,

I had done what you had said but noticed that it had used the standard imdb scraper, so in the Data Sources screen (your 3rd screenshot) I moved imdb+ to the top and sent Donnie Darko back to the imported again. So you may see this in the log file

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom