Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,

besides the problem posted one week ago i currently have another problem while watching TV. From time to time the Client is not able to open a TV Stream. The message "Unable to play: stream x" appears. In the last case the error appeared on the HTPC client while i watched TV via MPExtended. As soon as the error appeared also the stream on my Mobile Phone stopped working. No other device was connected to the server and the server was started just shortly before. After that i wasn't able to connect to any stream (I tried it from two different devices).
    The attached log is from one of the retry attemps.

I "solved" the problem (for now) after restarting the service (which didn't help) and restarting (boot) both client and server multiple times. I al so tried to disable/reanble the windows firewall (should be configured properly) of the server, which also didn't helped.
    The main HTPC Client is connected via GBit Lan, the other device (notebook) via WLAN and the Android also via WLAN.

Please finde the logs of the Server and Client (watchdog) attached and the system specs in my profile.

One side note: When i restartet the Service while the client was online, the client states that he lost the connection to the Service (of course). When i then try to reconnect MP claims that the TCP Remote Port is blocked. Maybe this information is also important.

Again as allways: I appreciate any help and many thanks in advance!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Hotkey

The TV service and TsWriter logs just seem to... stop. I wonder if the TV service has crashed? If it has, can you please export the Windows application event log as CSV, zip it, then attach it here. That will [hopefully] tell us the source of the crash.

Regards,
    mm

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I only found one error entry in the system event log, the timestamp seems to match.
    Please finde the xml export of the log attached.
    But: This is from the time i reproduced the error. There are no logs/errors from the time of the initial fail earlier that day.

Attachments

• system_error_tvservice.xml
      780 bytes

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the export... but unfortunately it looks like a regular TV service startup event. It also seems to be from 6:19:44 pm rather than 8:19:44 pm when you had the problem.

Can you please export the whole application event log?
    Also, to be clear: do you think the TV service crashed or not? (Did you have to start the TV service after the test?)

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    please see attached log and screenshots. The time is right, i'm not sure why the time within the event differs from my local time (maybe fixed timezone?)

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
      shot1.jpg
      113.6 KB
    • shot2.jpg
      shot2.jpg
      142.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahh, maybe the time in the file is GMT/UTC. When I open the export the time shows as 7:19 AM on 25/10/2014:
    upload_2014-10-26_1-44-11.png

The error entry in that log confirms that the TV service crashed, but it doesn't contain the crash detail I was looking for. I think that's probably because you seem to be exporting the system event log when I asked for the application ("Anwendung") event log. ;)

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi all,

i again received the error and it is reproducable this time. I restarted botht the client and the server (reboot). Again the client wasn't able to connect to the server (same message then before: unable to play: stream X, where X is a number between 1..4).
    Please find the logs attached, For now, the TV Service seems to be fine, at least the services.msc gives me the option to restart and stop the service and i'm still able to browse the epg and. stuff.
    Unfortunately i don't have the client installed on "localhost" to deny Network problems. Nevertheless im pretty sure that the physical network is not the reasone.

Again as allways: appreciate any help!
    Thanks in advance

Hotkey

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Hotkey

Hope you saw my previous comment:
    The error entry in that log confirms that the TV service crashed, but it doesn't contain the crash detail I was looking for. I think that's probably because you seem to be exporting the system event log when I asked for the application ("Anwendung") event log.

In other words, I'm still waiting for that application event log.

For this new report the problem seems to be different. TsReader log shows:
    [2014-10-25 18:33:32,182] [ ceb1fe8] [ c3c] - Failed to get a SDP description from URL rtsp://HTPC_SERVER:554/stream3.0 connect() failed: Unknown error

That's almost certainly a network connection issue.
    Make sure MP on the client and TV Server on the server have full access to the network.
    Also, try disabling IPv6 on both client and server as well.

Regards,
    mm

Hotkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2007
    Dortmund
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, i didn't attach the application log because it was just full of info-messages. I'm not sure how i can check the "full network" access as the client ant the server are ccoonnectef via LAN and nothing has been changed (configuration/hardware/etc.). Also no Firewall is enabled (test whise). In addition every other protocol works without problems (remote Desktop, FTP, Windows Network file transfers, internet, etc.) on both PC's.

So, for now i don't have any idea whats going wrong. Thanks for the help so far!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ahhhh, I see the problem in the TV service log:
    [2014-10-25 18:30:38,640] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: started at HTPC_SERVER
    [2014-10-25 18:30:38,640] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:127.0.0.1
    [2014-10-25 18:30:38,686] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: server running on HTPC_SERVER

In other words, the server is only streaming on the "localhost" (127.0.0.1) interface, which is not available to MP running on the other PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom