[TV] Unable to record/watch consecutive shows on the same channel (1 Viewer)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    In order that we can close this issue, is anyone running a clean install of XP, Vista or Windows 7, with a clean install of MediaPortal and no plugins having this problem?

Best wishes,

Mark

Windows 7, absolutely! My logs from a 100% fresh install of Win7 and MP with zero plug-in's are attached to the first post of this thread: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...nnot-restart-same-channel-when-stopped-75275/

However given the below I can tell you with absolute 100% certainty (more certain than knowing my own name), that plug-ins have absolutely NOTHING to do with this error. Zip, zilch, nada.

Installed windows 7 on a fresh hard drive.
    Installed HD Homerun driver
    Installed MP + latest SVN

Watch TV 1st attempt is good. 2nd attempt is good. Third attempt gives this unknown error. Rinse repeat until the cows come home. Makes no difference if you close and restart MP. A reboot will allow you to tune two channels consecutively, but that's because it's rolling to the 2nd tuner of my HDHR. Once they've both been used once that's it.

In addition to my 'network provider' suggestion above, there is a fix in SVN 24974 Fix: HDHomeRun detection #3 fixed ATSC compatibility

This is in the latest public SVN build. It could be worth trying.

Mark

kkozma

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In addition to my 'network provider' suggestion above, there is a fix in SVN 24974 Fix: HDHomeRun detection #3 fixed ATSC compatibility

This is in the latest public SVN build. It could be worth trying.

Mark

I already changed the network provider on my cards from Generic to ATSC in TV Server and it's been working for me. I'm just trying to help the other folks who it didn't help with logs or any other info I can provide. There is no doubt in my mind that MP is the absolute BEST media center application on the planet and I'd hate to see people shy away from it due to an error that doesn't seem to be getting much if any attention from the development staff.

It's times like these where I really wish I knew more about coding because it's abundantly evident that a deveopler who lives in the United States is sorely needed for this project.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Hi elliotmc;

Thanks for the reply! I have had the problem on a clean install of Windows 7, and without plugins... I can't get those logs now, because I have just got everything set back up the way I need it, and it took soooo long! I have tried to change my provider from General to ATSC, but when I try to tune any ATSC channel, I get a "Cannot Build Graph" error... I can provide logs from the tv server showing this if you want. I would have to agree that this is the best Media Center solution out there currently, and I have tried almost all of them. After having been a VMC/7MC user for so long, it took some time to get everything setup exactly how I like it, but it is awesome!!!

Also, I attached some logs to some of my posts several back, did you see those? Did they help?

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you further!

Sincerely,
    James

P.S.> Windows Vista was released sans-TV Pack. TV Pack was then released to OEM's, before Microsoft finally decided to release it as a Windows Update update. So it is supported by the OS now. Along with the TV Pack came the same update to the Network Provider that Windows 7 has in it. This issue is not evident in Media Center, so I believe that the issue is with Media Portal and it's usage of the old ATSC Network Provider.

jaymode

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2008
    Home Country
    See this thread

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ork-provider-not-allways-best-solution-72733/

You do have a way to select between generic and dvb network providers in config (isn't ATSC more or less the same as DVB)?

If you open TV Server config, and select your card in the left-hand panel, there will be a button at the bottom 'edit'. Click on this, and in the window that opens, you have a choice of 'network provider'.

Please let me know if this solves your problem.

Best wishes,

Mark

Hi Mark,

I did try that before switch back to Vista and found that it resulted in the "Cannot Build Graph" error that James (bnsaflsujt) also reported and provided logs for.

I did try reading and searching the forums for this error and saw something about creating a file called "C:\resetgraph.txt" to help with this issue but it did not do anything for me.

Thanks,

Jay

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Ah yes, thanks Jaymode! Forgot to mention that I had actually tried the same thing with no success either.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Hello again!

I wanted to post an update that with the new SVN (24975), this problem is not fixed, so whatever fix was in 24974 is not applicable here. Here are some logs from right after the install. Same thing, you cannot tune the same major channel twice in a row on ATSC/QAM. If you change your provider from generic to ATSC, you get a cannot build graph error.

View attachment 55396

Please let me know if you need any more information.

whurlston

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    That fix was only for a bug where the ATSC HDHomeRun was being detected as DVB-C when in QAM mode. It would not apply to this bug.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    I saw that in the description, but as elliotmc said, "It could be worth trying!" Sadly it didn't work though, and we are back at step one...

whurlston

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    I just downloaded the SVN and I'll try to debug this over the next week. I won't make any promises though.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    That will be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the help! If you need something, PM me, and I will see what I can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom