[TV] Unable to record/watch consecutive shows on the same channel (2 Viewers)

jaymode

Portal Pro
July 31, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Ah yes, thanks Jaymode! Forgot to mention that I had actually tried the same thing with no success either.

Hi James,

I did some more searching and found that MediaPortal now has the "DebugOptions" menu which allows you to set the "ResetGraph" option (apparently the text file no longer works).

See this: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/bugreports-74/unable-start-graph-digitalrise-pc-tv-dvb-c-76454/

Hello sgatke,
you can try to use the debug mode for the TV-Server Configuration. To activate the debug mode you must open the properties of the TV-Server Configuration shortcut. Here you will find the target to run the Setup TV.exe (e.G. "C:\Program Fiels\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Setup TV.exe"). Add behint the target string the switch for debug mode --DebugOptions (e.G. "C:\Program Fiels\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\Setup TV.exe" --DebugOptions). If you start the TV-Server Configuration now, it will run in debug mode and you will find an additional menu Debug Options. In this menu you must activate the function Always reset graph after stop. Since this function is active in my PC, the DVB-C card works perfect.
Best regards
Muellerheik

Can you try this with the type set to Generic and then with the type set to ATSC and see if it helps at all?

Thanks,

Jay

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
January 12, 2010
Home Country
Wow. They are sneaky hiding that menu like that. I can understand why, but I hadn't seen any mention of it before! I just tried it with both the Generic and ATSC options. When I used Generic, I get the same Unknown Error Occured, and when I tried it with ATSC, I get the same Unable to Build Graph. SO, no luck...

whurlston

Portal Pro
March 4, 2007
Home Country
Try this patch. It will force the ResetGraph option (so you don't need to run the deug option) if the card type is ATSC and there is a change to TvCardATSC.cs

I attached a TVLibrary.dll + pdb if you don't want to build it.

Code:
Index: TVLibrary/Implementations/DVB/Graphs/ATSC/TvCardATSC.cs
===================================================================
--- TVLibrary/Implementations/DVB/Graphs/ATSC/TvCardATSC.cs	(revision 24669)
+++ TVLibrary/Implementations/DVB/Graphs/ATSC/TvCardATSC.cs	(working copy)
@@ -191,7 +191,7 @@
           BuildGraph();
         }
         ITvSubChannel ch;
-        if (_previousChannel == null || _previousChannel.IsDifferentTransponder(atscChannel))
+        if (_previousChannel == null)
         {
           Log.Log.WriteFile("atsc:using new channel tuning settings");
           ITuneRequest request;
Index: TVLibrary/Implementations/DVB/Graphs/TvCardDvbBase.cs
===================================================================
--- TVLibrary/Implementations/DVB/Graphs/TvCardDvbBase.cs	(revision 24669)
+++ TVLibrary/Implementations/DVB/Graphs/TvCardDvbBase.cs	(working copy)
@@ -627,7 +627,8 @@
         }
         _conditionalAccess.OnStopGraph();
         // *** this should be removed when solution for graph start problem exists
-        if (DebugSettings.ResetGraph)
+        // *** needed for ATSC/QAM
+        if (DebugSettings.ResetGraph || _cardType == CardType.Atsc)
           Decompose();
         else
           _graphState = GraphState.Created;

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
    30.6 KB

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
January 12, 2010
Home Country
Thanks whurlston for trying... My cards were first setup with "ATSC" as the network, and I got the same error as before: "Unable to Build Graph". I then changed it back to generic, and tried again... AND IT WORKED!!! Your patch now allows me to tune the same major channel multiple times consecutively!!! This looks like a Gold Medal winner ;), and I will continue testing it over the next several days, but for now, THANKS!!!

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have brought this fix to the attention of the team.

Watch this space!

Best wishes,

Mark

whurlston

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks Mark.

It would be good if someone that doesn't require the generic network provider could test it as well. I only have Win7 on my machines so I couldn't test that scenario.

jaymode

Portal Pro
    July 31, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks Mark.

It would be good if someone that doesn't require the generic network provider could test it as well. I only have Win7 on my machines so I couldn't test that scenario.

I tested the new dll on a Vista (no TV Pack) system that is not exhibiting the issue. Everything still works as it should with the new TVLibrary.dll on my system. When I get some time, I will do a fresh install of Windows 7 on the same system now that we have this potential fix.

bnsaflsujt

Portal Pro
    January 12, 2010
    Home Country
    It is still working fine (mostly) for me, and I really cant complain because I LOVE digital... Especially since I didn't realize several of my stations were actually coming in in HD quality! I have however noticed some errors in the 4TR logs when it tries to tune sometimes.

It is not consistent (every recording), but I do see several recordings that will fail to tune 2-4 times (15 sec to 45 sec lost on rec), before gaining a lock. I will see if I cant capture this in a log file and post it if you want?

Sincerely,
    James

P.S.: THANKS again for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom