Unable to start graph on composite input (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Bradley

Thank you for the screenshots - they were perfect. Earlier I mentioned that there were two options that I thought we could try:
    The first is to see if the analog audio pin would actually work if we forced TV Server to use it. The second is to see if your TV card has any other capture filters that have the correct pins.

The screenshots told me that option 2 is out. Your tuner only comes with one capture filter.

Logically, the next step is to try option 1. This is going to be somewhat trickier than option 2 would have been, and is definitely not guaranteed to work. I'll need more information (sorry) to allow me to create a patch, so please download and try the TVLibrary.dll attached to this post:

1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Back up the TVLibrary.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Delete your TV Server logs.
    4. Download and extract the TVLibrary.dll attached to this post into your TV Server install folder.
    5. Start TV Server.
    6. Attempt to watch the composite/s-video input.
    7. Post the new log here.

Sorry once again for all the work. Let's hope we can get this working...

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      150.3 KB

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks again. Followed instructions and posted results logs. latest dll results in
    1. fails to load epg (not sure if this is an error or result of new version of dll)
    2. normal channels now generate "unknown error" message (were previously working) also fails to run in preview in tv server config
    3. composite has the same unable to load graph message. have attached the epg and error logs as thought they might also help. Cheers again.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi again Brad

Cheers for the log. I think the EPG and other issues are related to your database - MediaPortal can't connect to it for some reason. I don't think that was caused by my DLL because unless I've made a mistake (which is quite possible), I only inserted a couple of lines of debug to get the information that I needed to make this patch. If the issues persist with my DLLs and go away when you go back to using the standard DLL then please let me know.

With that said: here is the patch build. Fingers crossed that it works!

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      150.3 KB

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi M,
    Tried the new dll last night and realised I may have a bigger issue here than first thought as the tv tuner card is apparently playing up.
    As i couldnt get any tv channels to work in mp i went to the compro tuner and noticed it also wasnt tuning anything (analog, digital, composite) even though it had all the channels in. rescans failed until i pulled out the antenna and replugged it and then it would retune and play through compro for a bit but then fail again. not sure maybe i have stuffed something up along the way or maybe tv server locks the card hence the failed compro tune. Anyway will try again tonight if i have some time and let you know. looking more likely i will buy a new card though :) cheers again appreciate the time you are putting in to this.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No problem - happy to help :)
    Yes, TV Server locks tuners. They can't be used in other software until you restart TV Server.

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi M,
    Apologies firstly for taking so long to respond. life keeps getting in the way of the important things. progress of sorts as i have sorted out the first problem with the normal channels not working. found this script in another post and rebuilt the sql which now has everything back to a decent starting point. this also seems to have helped with the composite input issue you have been helping with as now i get a "no free card" error instead of the normal "unable to build graph" have posted copy of your last dll and the log if you still have time to help with this issue. posted the sql rebuild script below as it might help others.
    cheers again
    Brad

Open up a command prompt (as admin if Vista / Win7)
    navigate to MySQL Bin folder (is C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin for me) and enter

Code:
    mysqlcheck --user=root --pass=MediaPortal --auto-repair MPTVDB

Attachments

• TVLibrary.rar
      140.1 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Brad

No problem - I have the time :)

I don't think the database fix-up has helped with the composite input (although I'm glad you got the DVB-T channels working - must have felt good!). The analog tuner is simply disabled right now (probably as a result of the database script).

In TV Server configuration:
    1. Select "TV Servers"->"Media-PC".
    2. Tick the checkbox next to the analog tuner.
    3. Restart TV server.

Please try the composite input again after you've done that and post a fresh tv.log and error.log.

Bradley Dyke

Portal Member
    November 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Thanks my fault forgot that i deleted the card whilst trying to fix the other issue.
    back to beginning with this issue now and updated logs for you review.
    cheers

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Good to hear back from you Brad

Looks like I made a mistake in the patch. :oops:
    Can you please try the patch attached to this post. Same instructions as before:

1. Stop TV Server.
    2. Take backup of original TVLibrary.dll in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the TVLibrary.dll attached to this post into the TV Server install folder.
    4. Wipe your logs.
    5. Start TV Server.

As usual, please post logs if the patch doesn't work.

Attachments

• TVLibrary.zip
      150.3 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom