elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @Sebastiii

I was being serious. If the music scraper has become totally broken, we should consider this a show-stopper and we should try to fix it.

If this is the case, we need to prioritise testing efforts to ensure that this can be safe to include.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I tested the new version, and it is an improvement. It found info for 'Beach Boys, The'. But it didn't find the album 'Pet Sounds' by the same group. I'm attaching debug logs.

Schoolboy error. Should be fixed in v3a in first post

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I was being serious. If the music scraper has become totally broken, we should consider this a show-stopper and we should try to fix it.

If this is the case, we need to prioritise testing efforts to ensure that this can be safe to include.

Is low risk (due to the nature of the web-scraping the current way of doing this is going to break often).
    The only thing I know needs sorting is that there is a NuGet package that is downloaded and we will need to copy this binary in the NSIS installer

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks Mike, this one looks very good - scraped about 20 albums to test and all got all fields filled (rating, styles, influences etc).
    Nice work - would be a pity if this wouldn´t make it into 1.5 Final (y)
    ***EDIT*** Will now test how it works with your latest MusicInfoHandler :p

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    @Sebastiii

Because it was not ready (from Mike POV) and seem to be a big rework etc.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    @Sebastiii

Because it was not ready (from Mike POV) and seem to be a big rework etc.

Well, that's partly why I was asking. If Mike says it is not ready then it is definitely not ready. If Mike feels it is ready, and then we can get it tested, it could potentially be ready.

A big rework in terms of lines of code does not inherently make it risky. If the changes are localised to the scraper, and right now it is 100% broken, then as Mike says, the risk of regression (which isn't the same as saying it is a 100% perfect fix) is low.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep i agree on that but can we sure it will not trigger something ? (I trust Mike on his skill :) )

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Mike, after testing this further I encountered two bugs:
    1. When using the modified windowsplugins.dll, the topbar items won´t show focussed state (they still work, just do not show the focus image of the control).
    2. The HtmlAgilitypack breaks some plugins, e.g. ScoreCenter ;)

ed76

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is it possible to get the updated music scraper for mp1.3? at the moment i cant get any album covers.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom