Update allmusic.com scraper (1 Viewer)

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I tested the new version, and it is an improvement. It found info for 'Beach Boys, The'. But it didn't find the album 'Pet Sounds' by the same group. I'm attaching debug logs.

Schoolboy error. Should be fixed in v3a in first post

Hey, thanks for updating the scraper.

There is still a problem with prefix based artists/albums using v3a. While it will find artists like "Beach Boys, The" and albums by those artists it inserts the info into the DB as "The Beach Boys" when it should be inserted as "Beach Boys, The".

Cheers.

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I would of thought the database should be "The Beach Boys".... and it is just displayed in GUI as "Beach Boys, The" ??

Last edited:

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hey, thanks for updating the scraper.

There is still a problem with prefix based artists/albums using v3a. While it will find artists like "Beach Boys, The" and albums by those artists it inserts the info into the DB as "The Beach Boys" when it should be inserted as "Beach Boys, The".

Cheers.
    I have just moved house and have no internet until next week. I will sort this out when I get time.

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I would of thought the database should be "The Beach Boys".... and it is just displayed in GUI as "Beach Boys, The" ??

Yes indeed, you would think it would be just a flag for the GUI but it is stored with prefix moved around.

I have just moved house and have no internet until next week. I will sort this out when I get time.

Good luck with the move. Did the same early in the year. Man so much wiring to remove and reinstall, oh the woes of the computer and media geek.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Yes indeed, you would think it would be just a flag for the GUI but it is stored with prefix moved around.
    Yes this is something inherited that I want to fix. The match between artists / albums and info is just on the name which causes a few problems (eg. you can't have details of two artists with the same name, these prefixes don't work, the tagged name does not always match the scraped name....) This is part of the database rework we will hopefully have time for towards the end of the year.

Good luck with the move. Did the same early in the year. Man so much wiring to remove and reinstall, oh the woes of the computer and media geek.
    I have the HTPC moved and the server ready to go (but they are both sat on the floor in the corner of the front room at the minute). I have still not quite emptied the flat as not sure I can face unplugging the 7.1 surround system yet....

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi, I have only just updated MP recently since several versions ago (1.5 now). I had come across MusicInfoHandler plugin just yesterday and then this today. I notice the instructions want the handler disabling.. I guess that plugin is broken too with the site change?

Is there a way using the mods here in this thread to force MP to mass update missing data (I have quite a lot missing)? What's the trigger for it performing scraping?

Thanks!

EDIT: OK so I see this doesn't grab images, thought it did. Are there options for that available? Also, how exactly do you disable musicinfohandler, im my plugins I only see the GUI entry, is it enough to just disable this?
    Sorry if they're noob questions, only just decided to start using MePo for music properly so haven't got much experience :)

So I found the guide for setup :/ just the single question now.. how do I disable musicinfohandler. Is disabling the GUI entry in my plugins enough? Thanks!

Last edited:

Deda

Lead Dev MP1 Videos
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    My humble opinion is that any MP internal scraper should be possible to maintain outside of MP otherwise, just a small change in HTML layout of scrapper web page will broke whole hard work. I burned myself several times on that (like I have now broken 1.5.0 release) and finally I moved out all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom